Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Basque...in all all his glory

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Basque...in all all his glory Empty Basque...in all all his glory Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:32 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

When I bought Basque from SpruceBurnRanch a couple years ago I had never owned such a large dog. Of course he was a puppy at the time but he turned into this hulking mass! His nose leather is larger than the muzzle of my smallest dog!.

Here are a couple of shots. I have just got this Photobucket for iPad thing figured out so you will be seeing a lot more picture in the future.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2Basque...in all all his glory Empty Re: Basque...in all all his glory Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:15 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh man, pictures galore!! What is he? What breed? Oops, maybe he is a Basque, or is that his name? He is glorious, I love big white dogs!! Thanks for sharing girl, beautiful days, yep, that is what I want to say. CynthiaM.

3Basque...in all all his glory Empty Re: Basque...in all all his glory Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:45 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

He is a Great Pyr. New best friend to Poppy the other Pyr with the improved attitude. He is also a matted mess. I have given up trying to keep him brushed and have ordered a set of clippers. Arctic says she will school me in the fine art of grooming.

4Basque...in all all his glory Empty Re: Basque...in all all his glory Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:16 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'd like one of these for our next dog.

He's friendly looking but I can't help but stare at that maw and imagine it coming for me.

5Basque...in all all his glory Empty Re: Basque...in all all his glory Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:47 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Fowler wrote:I'd like one of these for our next dog.

He's friendly looking but I can't help but stare at that maw and imagine it coming for me.

Never fear, he is shy of strangers, loves his people and is dynamite on four legs when he thinks something doesn't look or sound just right.

6Basque...in all all his glory Empty Re: Basque...in all all his glory Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:56 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:
Fowler wrote:I'd like one of these for our next dog.

Never fear, he is shy of strangers, loves his people and is dynamite on four legs when he thinks something doesn't look or sound just right.

oh I know the type. My inlaws had a Pyr when I started dating my wife. They let me go out and pet her several times before I was told that she sometimes goes for strangers. hmmmm

7Basque...in all all his glory Empty Re: Basque...in all all his glory Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:39 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Aww a great fluffy bear Very Happy

8Basque...in all all his glory Empty Re: Basque...in all all his glory Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:55 am

KatuskiFarms

KatuskiFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

My neighbor down the rd has a purebred great pyr, and she shaves him in spring, all but his tail and the hair on his neck. This gives him the look of a huge lion mane; very stately, king-like. The dog has such a calm but powerful demeanor. Wonderful dogs.

I am going to start a new thread in honour of our wonderful dog. Have moved the rest of my post.

Last edited by KatuskiFarms on Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Addition)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum