Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanting info on Brinsea 20 incubator

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wanting info on Brinsea 20 incubator Empty Wanting info on Brinsea 20 incubator Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:21 pm

happychicks

happychicks
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

The more I hear about the brinsea incubators, the more I drool over them. If ... (that a big "IF" but I'm allowed to dream, aren't I? lol) If I were to look into purchasing a brinsea in the future, I'm wondering what recommendations anyone may have as to what model to consider. I'm thinking of the brinsea ocatogaon 20 as I certainly don't foresee ever squirreling away enough money for anything bigger than that. Is there a significant advantage to an octagon 20 advance ex or is the octagon 20 advance as good as I would need for hatching chicken eggs? What about the eco incubator? Who has what models and what are the pros and cons?

2Wanting info on Brinsea 20 incubator Empty Re: Wanting info on Brinsea 20 incubator Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:05 pm

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I got a Brinsea Octagon 40. I can't imagine having a smaller one. In fact my husband and I were just talking the other day about getting a second one so we can alternate hatches.

If you could save up and get a 40, I don't think you would be sorry... just imagine all the chickes you could have then.

My friend has the 20 and wishes she had a larger one as the 20 fills up pretty fast. Especially if you are incubating larger sized eggs.

My first Bator was a Hova, and the Brinseas are heavenly! I recommend them to everyone!

Mine is Eco with the turner I believe. It's nice not having to hand turn eggs.

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

3Wanting info on Brinsea 20 incubator Empty Re: Wanting info on Brinsea 20 incubator Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:10 am

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have the Brinsea 20 EX with humidity pump. I love it Exclamation
Personally, I would only go with the models where you can get the pump. It takes a lot of the guess work away.

As far as capacity goes, I think you first need to decide how much you want to hatch out? If you have bantams, you can fit a lot of eggs in a 20. I hatch standards in mine and can fit in between 24 to 28 eggs depending on size.
If you want larger hatches, then go with the 40.

4Wanting info on Brinsea 20 incubator Empty Re: Wanting info on Brinsea 20 incubator Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:18 am

la-chicken

I too, have the Octogen 20 EX as well as a mini.
And I love them both. I beleive you will be happy with either model but the EX takes away guess work.
My problem is I need another. Not sure to go with another 20 or go for the 40. Money Throw

I know, I could have just bought a large one but the smaller ones are easier to hide. tongue

Last edited by la-chicken on Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typing thing in backwards)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum