Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Taking Button Quail and Coturnix egg orders for delivery starting May

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Perryschofield

Perryschofield
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hi

I have been trying to decide if I will continue shipping eggs for Button quail and Coturnixs. Individually wrapping their eggs in tissue paper or bubble wrap is a real pain. So I have decided to try the following and see how it works for the summer, with a final decision being made in the fall.

Due to several increases in feed prices locally ( up to $14.50 a bag) and electricity  lately I have changed my pricing. I now only sell eggs in groups of  72 eggs at a time. They will be packed in a special foam I am ordering from the US for shipping. It is 12x12x3 and has 72 holes in it. A reduced size to hopefully help reduce shipping cost for buyers. Packing and wrapping individual eggs was taking way to much time, and was not worth doing. Cost for now will will be $45 for the eggs (6 dozen) and foam, plus whatever  Canada post charges. I do not keep enough birds to fill orders larger then this in one week. In Coturnixs I generally only keep 3 or 4 hens of 1 colour, so it is impossible for me to get 3 dozen of 1 colour in a week to ship. For the coturnixs I will try to get some of each colour ordered in individual orders and if the hens are laying good, may even be able to get between 15 and 18 eggs of 1 colour but that would be the most. Button eggs orders will be done only by what Eggs I have on hand at that time. I will have 7 to 8 colours by May / June. Buttons do not lay the way Coturnixs do and you never know who will be laying at any one time. I do plan to keep 5 hens of each colour with them so you could be pretty sure of getting 5 - 10 eggs of each colour I have. Same price as coturnixs,  $45 for 72 eggs  + shipping foam, + whatever Canada Post is to your house. I have ordered special foam sized to fit their eggs. Individually wrapping their eggs was even worse then the coturnixs. 

I am hoping this will reduce the time needed to pack eggs so it is no longer be such a pain. Otherwise I may totally stop selling eggs and only sell breeding trios.

I am now starting to take orders for eggs in May. At this new pricing. I need orders 1 month in advance to see how many foam inserts I need to buy for that month. Orders will be booked in order of date received. I will be trying this method for this summer, and then after that decide if I will continue selling eggs for Buttons and Coturnixs. 

Here is a picture of the foam shippers similar to the ones I will be using, except mine will be custom made with 72 holes.

Taking Button Quail and Coturnix egg orders for delivery starting May EggShippingfoam

You can see pictures of my Coturnix colours at my website at www.pandlgamebirds.ca

Note: Each coturnix quail egg order starting in may will contain at least 6 or more eggs from my blue eggers.

Taking Button Quail and Coturnix egg orders for delivery starting May P1000526

Perry

http://www.pandlgamebirds.ca

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum