Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

how many recognized colors are there

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1how many recognized colors are there Empty how many recognized colors are there Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:28 pm

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hi , I do not have a SOP. How many recognized colors are there in Silkies? I know of Black, white, buff, blue, grey, partridge and self blue was accepted last year. Are there any others?
thanks Geri

2how many recognized colors are there Empty Re: how many recognized colors are there Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:59 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

My 2010 SOP says black, white, partridge, buff, grey, blue and splash. But splash is only in bearded.

3how many recognized colors are there Empty Re: how many recognized colors are there Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:01 am

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Schipperkesue wrote:My 2010 SOP says black, white, partridge, buff, grey, blue and splash. But splash is only in bearded.
Thank you Sue DOes it say when the splash were recognized.? In 2010 we had an APA show here and the lady showing splash didn't win anything because ther birds were not in the SOP we had. How would a person get updates for the SOP with out having to buy the whole thing?
Geri

4how many recognized colors are there Empty Re: how many recognized colors are there Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:53 am

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

You could probably find the info on the additions to the Standard of Perfection on the APA website.

Also breeds in unrecognized colors can still be shown, but they can only win their variety and are unable to compete any higher.

5how many recognized colors are there Empty Re: how many recognized colors are there Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:02 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I think Arcticsun showed a dyed pink one once. She was first in her variety.

6how many recognized colors are there Empty Re: how many recognized colors are there Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:19 am

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

k.r.l wrote:You could probably find the info on the additions to the Standard of Perfection on the APA website.

Also breeds in unrecognized colors can still be shown, but they can only win their variety and are unable to compete any higher.

I looked on the APA site I couldn't find any updates. You have to be a member to get them

7how many recognized colors are there Empty Re: how many recognized colors are there Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:26 am

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:I think Arcticsun showed a dyed pink one once. She was first in her variety.
Yes, I've also seen them in baby blue, violet and a cheery lemon-yellow!

how many recognized colors are there Silkies

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

8how many recognized colors are there Empty Re: how many recognized colors are there Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:35 am

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

KathyS wrote:
Schipperkesue wrote:I think Arcticsun showed a dyed pink one once. She was first in her variety.
Yes, I've also seen them in baby blue, violet and a cheery lemon-yellow!

how many recognized colors are there Silkies

HOw long does it take for the color to wear off or do they have to molt?
Geri

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum