Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sale in Wetaskiwin in June. Pot luck BBQ after?

+11
pluckylady
liz
triplejfarms
BriarwoodPoultry
Jonny Anvil
Hidden River
DoubleSSRanch
toybarons
Arcticsun
k.r.l
chickeesmom
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Bowker Acres

Bowker Acres
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Arcticsun wrote:Fantastic!!!
Jonny Anvil would be the one to ask about the how to's. he is a trained Chef!

I will send him a pm.

Bowker Acres

Bowker Acres
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Alright, the burgers have been Johnny A approved. I bought one case of 40 burgers. Will this be enough. There was not a huge turn-out to the last potluck. I am more than happy to get another case or 2 if they will get eaten. Any guess as to the number of guests?

Country Thyme Farm

Country Thyme Farm
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Bowker, if someone says you need way more burgers, we will bring another spare crock if needed.

I will probably make a hummus and Anna will make some tasty bread to go with, and maybe a bean salad. Count two of us in on the potluck.

http://countrythyme.ca

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Okay so we have for the potluck;

Bowker burgers,
Liz veggie burgers
Hidden water and juice
KathyS Marinated veggie salad and pickles
Arctic drinkables
Country Thyme Hummus and Bread
Chickees Mom Dessert, ... namiamo squares, I will also supply plates, cups and cutlery.

We could use some Mustard Ketchup and Relish, and some Hamburger buns....anyone??

liz

liz
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I have noticed not a lot of response on the veggie burgers. I am really surprised by this! Sad I will bring the ketchup and mustard instead. Its hard to find chicken friends that are vegetarian cyclops

Bowker Acres

Bowker Acres
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I am bringing Jean as well. She has offered the pickles, and condiments, (although Liz beat me too it). I am bringing the buns as well. I will tell her to get a few napkins and plates instead. Doesn't look like we have a huge crowd, should I stick with one case?? I guess those that come late will have to eat a veggie burger.....no offense to Liz, I take no issue with those who choose not to eat meat, and I have tried a number of different veggie burgers and just can't bring myself to eat one. I once thought it would be a fun way to get more veggies into my kids....boy was I wrong!

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

sorry everyone, I will not make it to the potluck now. I will need to leave by around 12;30 to make it to a funeral.
I'm disappointed..was looking forward to some nice visiting time, and feeling sad over losing a long time friend.

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Im sorry to read this.
We will be glad to see you though.

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Sorry Kathy alway hard to lose a good friend.

pluckylady

pluckylady

Bowker Acres wrote:I am bringing Jean as well. She has offered the pickles, and condiments, (although Liz beat me too it). I am bringing the buns as well. I Very Happy will tell her to get a few napkins and plates instead. Doesn't look like we have a huge crowd, should I stick with one case?? I guess those that come late will have to eat a veggie burger.....no offense to Liz, I take no issue with those who choose not to eat meat, and I have tried a number of different veggie burgers and just can't bring myself to eat one. I once thought it would be a fun way to get more veggies into emy MPll....boy was I wrong!

LOVE THEM THERE VEGGIE BURGERS!!!

chicken crack

chicken crack

I will bring some cheddar macaroni in a crock pot. There will be me, my oldest daughter and a new friend....a people friend:)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum