Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ova-Easy 190 help needed please

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ova-Easy 190 help needed please Empty Ova-Easy 190 help needed please Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:20 am

harrop'shens

harrop'shens

I am using my friend's Ova-Easy 190 to hatch some eggs out next week. Since I am borrowing it I am putting as many eggs into it as I can because she needs it back for her own hatching.

So, my questions are:

1. can I hatch on all the trays after the turner is off?
2. what can I do to make sure the chicks don't fall off the higher racks and get hurt?
3. the temperature will be different for eggs hatching at the bottom as opposed to the top ones?

Any advice with the Ova-Easy hatching would be greatly appreciated.

2Ova-Easy 190 help needed please Empty Re: Ova-Easy 190 help needed please Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:07 am

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hey! You can stop the racks from turning and you should be able to hatch them all at once. I believe some people find a variation in temperature if they have the incubator on a cold surface such as a cement floor in a basement (up to 1-2 degree difference between top and bottom in that case).

The trays should come with 4 pegs, that you put one in each corner and then use another tray on top, turned upside down, as the lid. For the second tray, perhaps you could just twist-tie another tray on top and that would work since there are only 4 pegs? The third tray you could just move to the bottom, and I never put the lid on when hatching in the bottom of the brinsea, because you can't see anything and let's face it, I like to see the action!

Good luck with your hatch!

http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com

3Ova-Easy 190 help needed please Empty Re: Ova-Easy 190 help needed please Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:26 am

harrop'shens

harrop'shens

Thanks Briarwood! It will be so cool to have so many chicks at once!

4Ova-Easy 190 help needed please Empty Re: Ova-Easy 190 help needed please Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:57 am

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum