Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

got my seeds today

+6
rosewood
coopslave
Rasilon
chickeesmom
mirycreek
Prairie Chick
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1got my seeds today Empty got my seeds today Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:37 am

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I placed an order with Heritage Harvest seeds on Monday and they were in the mail when i checked yesterday, wow that was fast. Now i really have the itch for spring and I would love to get these seeds started...Must wait at least a few more weeks What a Face

2got my seeds today Empty Re: got my seeds today Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:44 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

Very exciting!
I was thinking of getting some from them too, what did you order PC?
I liked the blue sweet peas, the 5 color silverbeet chard, blue curled kale, blacktail mountain melons and purple coneflower(have tried that before from a root and didn't have any luck with them)
I also love hollyhocks...

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

3got my seeds today Empty Re: got my seeds today Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:45 am

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oh oh, I better get with it, started the order and got side tracked. What all did you order?

4got my seeds today Empty Re: got my seeds today Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:12 am

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh i went crazy and I didn't even order everything i wanted to Shocked
This is what i ordered:

Broad Bean-Black Russian

Cucumbers
-Early Green Cluster
-Ephraim Hall
-Boston Pickling

Muskmelon-Gnadenfeld

Onion-Australian Brown

Pea-Homesteader

Peppers:
-Bull Nose
-Orange Bell

Tomatoes:
-Sylvan Guame
-Aunt Gerties Gold
-Cerise Orange
-Black Zebra (they sent these free, a very nice surprise Laughing)

Herb-Old Ukrainian Dill

poppy
-Poppy Ziar
-Pauline's Iceland Poppy

5got my seeds today Empty Re: got my seeds today Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:17 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

OK im like scratching my head here, sure I never saw those in the pdf file they sent me then I realized I am looking at ordering from Heritage Farm! NOt heritage harvest, where are they located PC?

6got my seeds today Empty Re: got my seeds today Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:06 am

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

Heritage Harvest Seeds is located in Carman Manitoba. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

7got my seeds today Empty Re: got my seeds today Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:16 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

ok thanks I will check them out too....I know you are supposed to choose a seed place that is in your zone because then maybe they will be more suited, not sure if there is anywhere that is like where I am...but a stuff suited to a shorter growing season would be good!

8got my seeds today Empty Re: got my seeds today Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:24 pm

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Prairie Chick wrote:Heritage Harvest Seeds is located in Carman Manitoba. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you for posting I didn't know they were there. I ordered a catalogue. Can't wait for it to arrive.
Geri

9got my seeds today Empty Re: got my seeds today Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:45 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I ordered seeds from them last year and was very happy with what I got.

10got my seeds today Empty Re: got my seeds today Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:30 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

My wife and I ordered seeds earlier this week. She marks in the catalogue, I record them in an excel file and then order them on line from William Dam Seeds in Ontario. In a few weeks one of us will be able to go to the post office and ask for our Dam seeds. My wife has been ordering from them for close to thirty years. They always have good seeds and the seeds are not treated.

11got my seeds today Empty Re: got my seeds today Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:30 am

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

mirycreek wrote:ok thanks I will check them out too....I know you are supposed to choose a seed place that is in your zone because then maybe they will be more suited, not sure if there is anywhere that is like where I am...but a stuff suited to a shorter growing season would be good!

Yes that is why i thought i would try Manitoba, I thought they would be the most like my neck of the woods of Sask. Very Happy Our growing season is so short. The woman around here say to plant May long weekend, last year it was to wet and i didn't get my garden in until June Shocked

12got my seeds today Empty Re: got my seeds today Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:35 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Here I find that if I plant them before the first week of June they don't really do anything - too cold - so no point putting anything outside any earlier. I have to deal with deer problems though, a real challenge.

I've noticed my poor leggy herbs on the windowsill are suddenly exploding into leaf - I guess with the longer days? Very exciting.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

13got my seeds today Empty Re: got my seeds today Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:01 pm

Swamp Hen

Swamp Hen

Myne arrived this past week, I'm trying to slowly expand my seed collection. I ordered their Pennsylvania Dutch
Butter Flavored Popcorn, and some Orca beans (used dry). I was quite happy with the service, and the orca beans are absolutely adorable!!

14got my seeds today Empty Re: got my seeds today Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:44 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

I can't believe the choices...now I can't decide what to get and from where...
Help! Shocked

15got my seeds today Empty Re: got my seeds today Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:49 am

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I know what you mean, I think i will have to place another order with a different place. I forgot to order a few thing.
One thing, if we do a seed exchange next year we will have a wonderful variety Very Happy

16got my seeds today Empty Re: got my seeds today Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:20 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

All the talk of seeds and hatching chicks is driving me CRAZY! You all have to stop it! affraid

I am so looking forward to spring and we have had these beautiful, sunny days lately but..... still -12C at night and still over 3 feet of snow. You must stop the torture and taunting of me, you MUST! Neutral

17got my seeds today Empty Re: got my seeds today Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:24 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

with the way my health is going and me draging around a Oxygen hose all the time I might have to raid everyone elses Garden LOL
Hope by spring I do do without the Qxy for a while so I can get a Garden Planted
Glad every one is happy with the seed place as I am sure I will order from them next year when I am better
Joe

18got my seeds today Empty catalogue came today Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:39 pm

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hi I just received my Heritage Harvest Seed catalogue that I sent for a few days ago and I am only on page 4 and I want it all! Very Happy . It is a great catalogue it has very interesting notes on the varieties listed. Thank you for posting.
Geri

19got my seeds today Empty Re: got my seeds today Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:58 pm

Skeffling Lavender Farm

Skeffling Lavender Farm

We started ordering from Heritage harvest 3 years ago. they are great. We like that they are bred for a short growing season, so they plants don't hang around they get on and produce veggies! We get spoilt in Ontario because we don't get our frosts as early so yields are great with their seeds and their bean selection is awesome.

I love the design on the catalogue too! Shallow I know! haha.

http://www.easychickenry.com/articles-by-skeffling-lavender-farm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum