Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ideas for Call Duck Pen, Please

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ideas for Call Duck Pen, Please Empty Ideas for Call Duck Pen, Please Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:09 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'd like to build my pair of Calls a proper little pen this spring and I could use some ideas. I'm thinking of a summer pen so it mainly has to be predator proof.

There is the possibility of making a proper walk in pen.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This one is more mobile and would be a LOT quicker to build. I like the ease of draining the pool and I'm wondering if a person could cut out some indoor/outdoor carpet pieces for them to walk on. Just rotate it out every few days hose off the dirty one and let it dry. Mainly wondering how to secure this design against raccoons. I could see one chewing right up through that plastic pool.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2Ideas for Call Duck Pen, Please Empty Re: Ideas for Call Duck Pen, Please Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:44 am

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Mesh around the legs as well with just a hole around the drain pipe at the end. You could hinge one end should the need arise to get underneath for any reason.

3Ideas for Call Duck Pen, Please Empty Re: Ideas for Call Duck Pen, Please Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:37 pm

cornel

cornel
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

i use pens very similar to the second ones. i dont have anything on the legs to keep predators out, but my dog lives in the barn right behind were the pens are. i wouldnt put that pipe/drain on there, even with a valve it gets filled with feathers and doesnt work. i have pens that are almost exactly like the ones on giffs farm. search them and they have a whole page on their raised pens.

4Ideas for Call Duck Pen, Please Empty Re: Ideas for Call Duck Pen, Please Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:08 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ooh! I like those. Great site for ideas! Thanks for the tip!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum