Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Picking a Farm Name

+3
Fowler
KathyS
silkiebantam
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Picking a Farm Name Empty Picking a Farm Name Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:36 am

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I'm wondering what all picking a farm name involves?

We picked the name Klew Nu Farms. The name has special meaning to us because it is the name of an Ancient Village that used to be where Usk is today. The words "Klew Nu" means "The place where the moon hides behind the mountain" and every time I see the moon slip behind the mountain it runs through my mind and feels so right.

Our place is small only a few acres and we don't really sell anything except maybe a few eggs. Our farm isn't a running business.

So to use this farm name, do I have to register it? Where and how do you register it? Does it cost money?

Also, I'd like to hear of how you all came up with your names.

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

2Picking a Farm Name Empty Re: Picking a Farm Name Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:59 am

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Make yourself a nice sign, post it at your driveway and start telling everyone your new farm name!
Very Happy
Seriously, I don't think you need to register it in any way unless for a more specific purpose. Way back when I was raising registered Golden Retrievers I needed to register the name of my kennel, which was also the farm name. And people who own a certain brand must apply for that and keep it current. But for your own purposes such as selling a few eggs I don't believe there are any special requirements.
BTW, I love the name choice! It is meaningful and original.

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

3Picking a Farm Name Empty Re: Picking a Farm Name Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:25 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I would go ahead and use it. No need to be Klewless.

No big mountains around here so, sadly, I haven't got a Klew.

4Picking a Farm Name Empty Re: Picking a Farm Name Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:42 am

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

I agree, I don't think you need to register a farm name unless you are registering animals, or brands.

We named our farm Can Walk Farms for the horses we are wanting to raise. (Canadians and Tennessee Walkers) So far we have having fun trying to find the stallions we want, but will eventually find them!! LOL We thought it was kind of catchy and fit with the horses!!

Love your farm name choice.

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

5Picking a Farm Name Empty Re: Picking a Farm Name Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:02 pm

shadowridge

New Here

I agree too, beautiful meaning to your farm name, and it is unlikely anyone else uses one similar. Ours is registered with the CLRC, but only because of registering sheep, the same as registering your tattoo letters. We named our farm ShadowsRidge after my kids first horse, a little grey Arabian gelding who had a real tough go of it before we got him, but who was still the sweetest natured and likely the safest and most bombproof horses I've ever known. The name is how we remember him.

http://shadowsridgefarm.weebly.com/

6Picking a Farm Name Empty Re: Picking a Farm Name Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:04 pm

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Chicory Farm is our unofficial name. We have chicory growing wild everywhere in the summer and it just has a nice sound to it -IMO. We wouldn't necessarily keep that name if we got real serious about naming our place for public attention.

7Picking a Farm Name Empty Re: Picking a Farm Name Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:29 pm

I like it , it says that some thought was put into it and it will lead to people asking what it stands for ..........unlike some farm names that make you wonder what they were thinking ? or not as it were

8Picking a Farm Name Empty Re: Picking a Farm Name Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:18 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

What a lovely and unique name for your farm. Great choice! Smile

We don't have a farm name yet (need the farm first tongue ) but I know I'm going to have a heck of a time coming up with the right name. It takes me forever to decide on a name for anything, our kids consider themselves lucky they got two! lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum