Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rice ? Wheat ??

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rice ? Wheat ?? Empty Rice ? Wheat ?? Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:03 pm

So I have been thinking about this for some time and I have to ask .Why is Boiled rice , wild or regular white acceptable as "" food "" for the table in a grain form . yet we don't do it with wheat ? I'm sure that there is a simple answer to the question .Hope it doesn't sound stupid , but I just can't figure out what the answer is .

2Rice ? Wheat ?? Empty Re: Rice ? Wheat ?? Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:18 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

We eat wheat at the table,my MIL makes a wheat salad, it is awesome. Not sure what is all in it except wheat and whipped cream. YUMMY!

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

3Rice ? Wheat ?? Empty Re: Rice ? Wheat ?? Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:26 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I use to chew on a monthful of wheat while driving a combine on the farm. The grain bin was within reach from the driver's seat on the old Massey I drove. It seems to me I have seen salads made of different kinds of grain.

4Rice ? Wheat ?? Empty Re: Rice ? Wheat ?? Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:09 pm

So then why isn't it more utilized as a table grain as well as Rice ? seems maybe we are missing out on a lot of things here that seem acceptable in other country's .Is it because of the price per bushel ? if you added up a bushel of rice and figured out the cost of it I think we would be rather surprised at what we are paying for a Grain from another country when we have something here that's just as good if not better from the sounds of it .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum