Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

423 square cm - that's 67 square inches, or 9" x 7.5"

+6
uno
Fowler
jocelyn
heda gobbler
chickeesmom
ipf
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

call ducks

call ducks
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Any way's here's a breif of what i remeber was gone over....

so heres a brief about it:

~ Mental Health
~ CCS's
~ Welfare
~ "Just" meeting the the Min requirements for the EU
~ Systems developed to make the EU requirements
~ US requirements
~MB requirements

I missed the best part (the welfare stuff)

There are three main systems now

1. CCS
2. Furnished Battery Cages Systems
3. Group systems

Right now it seems as within the next 20 (max years) Furnished Battery Cages well be more common. They are are cages that have more space/bird along with nesting boxs, scratching things etc.

This is the most i remember off the top of my head

And no. It was still a cage system (the crazy shapped thing but more or less a coop)

Chickens , Pork , and everyone seems to forget about what a calf goes through to become the covetted Viel .Most "" production "" animals have a short life at best , in the case of chickens we need to go Waaaaaaaay back to the start of the breeding process that brought this breed to being what it is .We pump them full of steriods to grow faster ( piglets are now removed from the mother at five to seven days after birth and feed a high concentrate milk so that in three months or less they will be on the shelf .Unless we can figure out a better way to feed the mass's ? what else is there ?? It's we /use all who have contributed to these things that set's off our emotions and we cry fowl , but what would this world be if these practices weren't being used ? Who would supply the need that is out there ? Yes we can surely do better , but are we willing to pay for this ? I'm not condoneing this in any way ! we have come to a point in our lives where we realize that we can do better and go to sleep at night knowing that we didn't mistreat any animals and hopefully we can maybe supply someone with a truly natural part of this industries miss used . miss treated policies ...............my thoughts

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I do not like the argument that it has to be done to feed the masses! Look at at how fat this society is! Are you (is anyone) going to say we NEED this much food? An adult woman needs only 3 oz of protein (meat or alternative) to fulfill one "serving" of protein according to Canada's Food guide. Do we need meat in every meal? No! I cook at least one vegetarian meal a week and we are far from suffering for it. We consume far to much and the crap that MCd etc puts out are the worst for animal welfare and our bodies.

Last edited by Susan on Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : oz not gms :))

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Susan wrote:I do not like the argument that it has to be done to feed the masses! Look at at how fat this society is! Are you (is anyone) going to say we NEED this much food? An adult woman needs only 3 oz of protein (meat or alternative) to fulfill one "serving" of protein according to Canada's Food guide. Do we need meat in every meal? No! I cook at least one vegetarian meal a week and we are far from suffering for it. We consume far to much and the crap that MCd etc puts out are the worst for animal welfare and our bodies.

Hold on there a minute!!!!!
I can handle someone disagreeing with "my" opinions on things because I respect a good debate. But how dare you come on here and start talking crazy crap about McDonald's and how we are eating "too much" protein?!?! And then if that wasn't bad enough, you go and say that forbidden word!?!?! The "V" word!!!
Now I speechless. pale

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

lol< for a second, I thought you were serious Laughing

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Susan wrote:lol< for a second, I thought you were serious Laughing
I am!!! Mad

Sorry if you disagree , but the whole move behind these mass farms is better control over what the market demands , it has nothing to do with how much we need ! We as in this generation hasn't had any hardships to appreciate what it means to live within our means .

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

You're very right PD. And I guess its time we did.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum