Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Northern lights tonight

+4
chickeesmom
Terre Wilde
Anna
SerJay
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Northern lights tonight Empty Northern lights tonight Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:01 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Solar storm is supposed to give us fantastic northern lights show tonight (even down to northern US) but we had a damn blizzard blow in so I don't think we'll be seeing anything arghh! When they said the same thing in the summer I sat for a couple hours watching the whole sky light up and dance so I was looking forward to watching again. Oh well for those of you who don't have snow storms have a look out tonight and see if you can see the lights Smile

2Northern lights tonight Empty Re: Northern lights tonight Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:05 pm

Anna

Anna

Thanks!
I hope we can see it here in South Alberta.

3Northern lights tonight Empty Re: Northern lights tonight Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:15 pm

Terre Wilde

Terre Wilde

Thanks for the heads up! It's snowing here right now but you never know - could clear up. I saw the
most amazing northern lights when I moved to Kelowna. Just amazing!

4Northern lights tonight Empty Re: Northern lights tonight Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:40 pm

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oh I love northern lights, that is the one thing I really miss. Don't see them enough around here.
Very cloudy and expecting rain, snow sleet, blah blah blah... Crying or Very sad

5Northern lights tonight Empty Re: Northern lights tonight Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:34 pm

At the moment I can barely see my barn yard light through the snow but I'll check later, and then when I get up again. I haven't seen the northern lights since I was a little kid.

6Northern lights tonight Empty Re: Northern lights tonight Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:01 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Checked last night but it was cloudy.

7Northern lights tonight Empty Re: Northern lights tonight Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:19 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

We had a nice, clear sky here last night but still couldn't see any lights. Sad

8Northern lights tonight Empty Re: Northern lights tonight Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:53 am

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

It was just too cloudy last night so couldn't see a thing Sad A friend who lives in the town west of us got to see them this morning though on her early morning barn checks and said it was lovely

9Northern lights tonight Empty Re: Northern lights tonight Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:18 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'll have to remember to check again. We had some a few years ago during some big solar flares. They were red. It was really neat.

10Northern lights tonight Empty Re: Northern lights tonight Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:29 am

Anna

Anna

I did see it at 3am.
Normally I sleep at that time, but the wind was blowing crazy, again.
So, when I was awake anyway, I thought, let's check out the sky Very Happy
It was a very clear sky, I could see the northern light very good and even a falling star.

11Northern lights tonight Empty Re: Northern lights tonight Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:04 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

It was a lovely clae night, but alas, no lights.

Sue

12Northern lights tonight Empty Re: Northern lights tonight Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:57 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

There are some lovely pictures on the Calgary Herald's website.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum