Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Performance Poultry/ Americauna & standard cornish

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Rosies

I am wanting to do an order from performance by may and would like to get there americaunas, standard dark Cornish, and white laced red standard Cornish. I am wondering what the quality of these birds would be from them and if anyone is interested in the extras I get after I have kept a few for myself?

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

The Ameraucanas will be more like Easter Eggers. If you are happy with that, order them.

I had some White Laced Red Cornish from Performance and they were not like the Cornish I expected. Nice birds but very gamey and not thick and robust like I expected.

Rosies

Hmm that makes me sad lol. Where is the best place to order Americaunas and Cornish. I had looked at whitmore farms and thought about ordering from there. I really want to get good quality birds.

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hidden River sells Ameraucanas. Check out her website. It's also possible that the Dark Cornish might have more substance to them than the White Laced as I understand that is the case with the bantams. However, if you can find a private breeder for the Cornish, better yet.

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Rosies wrote:Hmm that makes me sad lol. Where is the best place to order Americaunas and Cornish. I had looked at whitmore farms and thought about ordering from there. I really want to get good quality birds.

Rosies I have birds from Whitmore and John Blehm, I will have Blue/Black/Splash available very soon in hatching eggs, first chicks due to hatch the end of Feb. The blacks are a mix of John Blehm and Whitmore,the blues are from Whitmore and their young from last year.

I will also be selling very limited numbers of Wheatons and Silvers, the Lavenders are already sold out.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Rosies

Ya I knew yours were good quality Jayme. I wish I had a bigger incubator lol. Well might have to pick up another one so I can order more eggs from you. Now just gotta find those Cornish. I saw Sues little bantam Cornish and they were such solid little birds so was hoping I could my hands on some decent standard. Don't really want to buy broilers as I processed a couple jersey Roos and the flavour is so much tastier.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum