Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Send your prayers

+10
loushrop
Fowler
CynthiaM
Hidden River
ChicoryFarm
call ducks
happychicks
rosewood
blackdove
uno
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Send your prayers Empty Send your prayers Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:43 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Our small town is in shock and mourning over the recent tragic loss of a young volunteer firefighter. He was just married in October and was a young man with goals and dreams and ambitions. He was known widely in the community, as is his family. My husband has worked with the boy's father for the past 17 years. SOunds like the mill where the father works, will shut down on Thursday and it is likely that most every man who works there will attend the funeral.

It is sad yet touching to see the exchanged glances, the hugs, the quiet conversations, the hushed and sombre mood that has taken the town. Everyone is hurting. WHen you live in small places, these things touch so many people in some way. We all share the horror with the parents, the horror and fear that all parents have, that we will have to bury one of our children. What do you say? HOw do you help?

Some events in a town's history leave a mark forever in the collective memory and this death will. There is a scholarship fund and several other efforts in place where people can donate if they feel moved to, a place for this boys name, Dan Botkin, to be remembered. MY heart is smashed for the mother, father, siblings and the young widow whose handsome young man will never come home again.

Grief and useless anguish have consumed me and countless other people for days. I share it here, feeling a little odd about it, but I feel you are my people so...this is what's going on in my small town and your paryers for all the hurting people, for all the family who have to figure out how to continue living, would be appreciated.

2Send your prayers Empty Re: Send your prayers Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:05 pm

blackdove

blackdove
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Such a terrible loss for the family... and the whole community.

You are in my thoughts for this most difficult week, uno.

3Send your prayers Empty Re: Send your prayers Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:35 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

The communities in your area have had my prayers for a while as it seems that area has had a number of sudden losses. It is awful when a young firefighter loses his life trying to save property and the lives of others.

4Send your prayers Empty Re: Send your prayers Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:30 pm

happychicks

happychicks
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

How very heartbreaking! I will definitely be praying for this young man's family and for the community at this tragic time.

5Send your prayers Empty Re: Send your prayers Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:01 pm

call ducks

call ducks
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

well it's heartbreaking, it's just a weee bit to close to home. Dad's in the fire deparment, and i want to be. But the closest one with a JR program is 13 min away that's no good!

In the past week there have been to calls on our road, both car issues. Yesterdays was the back end of a car caught fire.

When the pager goes of it's an adjernline shot for shore! Dash out the door, get in the car. and DRIVE lol

6Send your prayers Empty Re: Send your prayers Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:08 pm

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hearts and prayers are with you, your community and the family of the gentleman who lost his life Uno. Some things are difficult to understand.

7Send your prayers Empty Re: Send your prayers Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:16 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I just read about this the other day in the paper. It is such a sad event. It said he died doing what he loved to do, help others, so although this is a tough time for all that has to be remembered. Many firefighters and police put their lives in danger every day doing what they love most.
I feel for his young family. My heart goes out to them.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

8Send your prayers Empty Re: Send your prayers Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:48 pm

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Being part of this community of Enderby (we are only 6 km away), I know what you are saying, it has been a sad time. Since we have lived here, and that has only been just over a year and a half, there has been many deaths of young people, not sure how many, but enough to feel this sadness many time -- there are many families in terrible mourning here. I am sure that there are so many other communities too, that have had this form of sadness fall upon them. Yes, it does bring one to really feel how mortal we all really are. My heart goes out to this family, so close to home...not too many words can express feelings of sorrow, with that, still have a good day, CynthiaM.

9Send your prayers Empty Re: Send your prayers Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:02 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I read about this on CBC. So tragic. So sad.

10Send your prayers Empty Re: Send your prayers Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:05 pm

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

What a tragic ending to such a young life. My thoughts and prayers are with you UNO and your community.Lou

11Send your prayers Empty Re: Send your prayers Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:16 pm

Sebas49

Sebas49

Unreal. How sad. Hearts and prayers are with you and the community and the family Some things are difficult to understand and not fair.

http://www.c-rducks.com

12Send your prayers Empty Re: Send your prayers Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:38 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I am so sorry. My prayers will be for you and your community.

13Send your prayers Empty Re: Send your prayers Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:41 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

It is so horrible. There were two volunteer firefighters this past week who lost their lives, the other was in Ontario. How tragic for both family's.

14Send your prayers Empty firefighter loss Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:13 am

jocelyn

Sorry doesn't quite cut it, but anyway, "sorry". Prayers said.

Jocelyn

15Send your prayers Empty Re: Send your prayers Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:39 am

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Same from me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum