Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oh what a night!!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Oh what a night!! Empty Oh what a night!! Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:14 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Last night our family had an early Christmas celebration, here on our farm, at our Daughter's house. Her and Hubby are going north to be with his family this Christmas, so we had our celebration, well, the part that has them in it (and everyone else too, of course) early. We will still celebrate Christmas Eve and Day at our youngest Daughter's home.

The food, oh the food, Daughter spent so many hours yesterday to prepare the most incredible meal, turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, carrots and turnip mashed together, of course Brussels sprouts, gravy, oh yes, and stuffing, which was my contribution. Appetizers that would take you to heaven and back (hardly any room for the dinner meat in the gut, but we stuffed it in), stuffed to the brim, all good and happy. Along with our family members came a whole whack of friends. Most stayed for dinner, some came after the dinner was consumed. The home is open to the world of our friends and it is just a warm and wonderful place to be. FarmChiq came too, which was an added bonus for me. She is friends with my Daughter and me too, smiling, we share her...

Santa came too, and gave the children and everyone their gifts (that would be my Husband all dressed up). I think he was cooked inside that Santa suite by the time he was done. But he was a hit. Even adults get a thrill out of the presence of Santa Claus. Sunday morning he gets to do that all again...at our other Daughter's house. Ya, for Santa, he has visited us for years, all dressed up and giving out presents...

The beginning of a very extended holiday celebration has begun, what a glorious time of year for us....enjoy the day and any celebrations you and yours have, CynthiaM.

When I get my camera downloaded on my computer, I'll bring on a few pictures, just for the fun of it...

2Oh what a night!! Empty Re: Oh what a night!! Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:25 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sounds like a wonderful time Cynthia. We too had an early Christmas this weekend with my mom, she always has to share us all with our in laws, so she figured we would have an early celebration this year and then we are not so rushed. It too was a nice evening of visiting and food.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

3Oh what a night!! Empty Re: Oh what a night!! Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:38 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

It does sound like you had a really nice time.
No Christmas for us this year.

4Oh what a night!! Empty Re: Oh what a night!! Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:56 am

It was a wonderful evening! It's amazing that house can so comfortably fit all those people eating, drinking and opening presents. It's a Christmas miracle I guess.

Your daughter did an amazing job with the dinner. You didn't describe the novel method that was used to cook the turkey. Are you reluctant to share that? It was nothing short of absolutely mouthwatering.

I'm so lucky to have been taken in by this lovely family. You know true, solid, undoubtable love when you know this family, and to be the recipient of some of that love from you all is the biggest blessing!! xox

5Oh what a night!! Empty Re: Oh what a night!! Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:35 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

We are all given a family to love and we do, sometimes it's more difficult than planned. BUt we also get to build a family to love and having those people around at special times is a true treat. If you are part of the chosen family, the built family, you are blessed indeed this time of year. Family and friends, prickles and all, god bless us everyone! Good post, Cynthia.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum