Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hwy #1 and 200th St, Langley to the Okanagan/Interior of B.C.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Here we go again, the baby blue cochins are home, from their long trip from Edmonton area. Now I need, I need, I need. Rats, sounding kind of self-centred here.

I will try to make this short, but have difficulty in so doing, just such a ramblin' gal, guess that is clear as the days are short now.

About a year and a half ago, I had some show black cochins. Don't have them any longer, two of them were champion award winners in the Fraser Valley at a show, the third did not. The black rooster almost killed my blue rooster and had gone great lengths to fly over a very tall fence to get him. Couldn't keep him, he left our property, along with his two gals.

I had the birds for several months and hatched out a good many chicks from that line. (Trying to make this short, sorry). Our friends fell in love with the cochin breed and I gave them two blacks and a white, think that is called a sport, when two black birds create a pure white bird. They have had the blacks since the spring of 2010. One black hen was given to a gal that had a charity organization for women in the Fraser Valley and they hatched out many chicks, used the proceeds to inject into their cause. That farm has ceased to keep chickens (well, not sure for how long), but has been selling off the stock.

When I had proposed to my girlfriend if she wanted to sell this particular line of cochin back to me, she told me she would be thrilled to do so, but expected no monetary measure in return. Such a gracious offer. She knows Karma, and she knows that one day that favour will be returned to her and hers...

She told me that she had given one hen and a rooster to this organization for women and did not know if the bird was still there. I contacted the contact and she indicated that she still had the black cochin hen and would be pleased to give her back.

This was a couple of weeks ago. As things turned out, my friend went over today and picked up the black cochin hen and is now with her flock at her home...

Brother, never meant this to be long, sorry again. But must let my fingers run.

There are now three cochins that have a very strong desire to come to live at my house Very Happy . And this is why I am now asking to see if anyone is coming up north, from the Lower Mainland in the next little while. My friend is 100% OK with hooking up and getting these birds to me, whenever that occurs.

The area is Langley, around 200th Street and the Highway #1.

Where these birds need transport to is, and they must not be brought up in the back of an open pick up. An SUV, car, or truck with a canopy is fine. These are big girls..

I live 10 minutes northeast of Enderby
I live 1.5 hours pretty much eastward of Kamloops.
Merritt is 2.5 hours from my home.
I am 1.5 hours northeast of Kelowna

I can travel some distance to meet anyone that may be travelling to these parts of the interior of B.C.

Whadda ya say. Anyone coming from the coast up here in the next little while? I will assist with some gas money, and you will in turn, also receive a jar of my famous, mouth watering, lip smackin' peach salsa, smiling that big smile. Have a beautiful night and days to come, CynthiaM.

Last edited by CynthiaM on Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:58 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : omitted a word)

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Lookin' for a ride, beautiful days, CynthiaM.

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hi Cynthia,

I might be able to help with this. Let me see what I can do. Birds would be up on boxing day weather depending if you were able to pick them up here in winfield.

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hey Anne, Winfield (Lake Country now, why did they change that anyways, smiling) is less than it is to Kelowna, I would venture closer to one hour, dependent upon of course, where in Winfield. My oldest gal lived in Winfield, several years ago, it was on Glenmore road, almost where it hooks around big time to hook up to Hwy 97....I know the area, visited there many a time....Boxing day is a good day for me and I would be willing to make that little jaunt to your hometown. Think that another member, TerreWilde lives there too, maybe us three could hook up for a tea, smiling that huge smile. Kidding I guess, this holiday season is very big and oriented to being with immediates at this time and she had many a young lad to look after, being that caregiver to these youth at risk. We'll talk more....have a wonderful night, and the great days to follow, CynthiaM.

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Ok I will contact my number one chicken courrier guy tomorrow. That would be my father. I have the animal interest from him so he is usually up for anything. He was my main guy in getting my banties to me once I found a way off the island for them. Maybe you could promise me dome eggs or chicks come spring!

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

fuzzylittlefriend wrote:. Maybe you could promise me dome eggs or chicks come spring!

Well if that isn't a nice thing to hear, you Pappa instilled this love of birds within your soul, now nice is that, smiling!! Kay, do the contact thing, I will travel to your place to get the gals and in the spring, you will have your wish granted (tell your Dad I am going to give him some peach salsa anyways, he will fall in love with it). Thank you Anne, have a beautiful day, let me know if he is game!! And exactly what day, etc., we'll talk through email from now on, if it is a go, I'll leave the post active in the event that the travel falls through, CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum