Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chick dragging membrain

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chick dragging membrain Empty Chick dragging membrain Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:28 am

pfarms

pfarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I had a few of my eggs start to hatch. I at first had humidity issue, that was solved. One chick got too dry, I added water to the membrane and it has since hatched is walking around doing great. I have another one almost out of the egg. Now, I have two others. One hatched an hour and a half ago. That one seems to be doing ok, drying fine, walking around, etc. But it has a piece of membrane it is dragging behind it. All yoke is absorbed, it is connected by what looks like two small bloo vessels to this little piece of membrane. Then there is another one that has done the same thing, but it just hatched and pulled out some of the membrane with it like the other one. Anyone heard of this? Do I just leave it?

The chick that had just hatched that was still really wet just kicked its legs out and that membrane came off. It bleed for a minute. It clotted and stopped pretty fast and it has moved about an inch away and is laying there resting now. I do not see anymore bleeding from it. But what about the one walking around? Will it take care of it too like this one?

Last edited by pfarms on Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Addind information)

http://dtfarm.webs.com/

2Chick dragging membrain Empty Re: Chick dragging membrain Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:31 am

Amy

Amy
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I would just leacve it and it should come off on its own, like an umbilical cord.

What hatched so far ? Very Happy

3Chick dragging membrain Empty Re: Chick dragging membrain Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:21 am

pfarms

pfarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Still just those four JG. One more pipped this morning, but humidity is correct so it should just go on its own. I am starting to worry I wont have any of my marans hatch Sad

4Chick dragging membrain Empty Re: Chick dragging membrain Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:48 am

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oh my goodness, this has been quite the experience for you, and the rest of us. I am happy you at least have a few chicks, but very disapointed for you. I am sorry you have had to go threw all of this.

5Chick dragging membrain Empty Re: Chick dragging membrain Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:52 pm

pfarms

pfarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I am just glad I now have four chicks that seem to be doing good and even trying to eat some. I have another JG piping, but no marans seem to have made it.

I candeled all the eggs before I put them in the incubator. They were all moving and showing signs of life. I cant imagine that just having a lower humidty would have caused all except five to die. I am waiting a few more days though cause I put in 5 other eggs a few days later. They should be hatching tomorrow. I will post pictures of them soon under the photo area.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum