Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Australorp line~SOLD

+2
Hidden River
Dan Smith
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Australorp line~SOLD Empty New Australorp line~SOLD Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:14 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I have extra Australorp roos that seem to be looking like they will be really nice from a new line that I brought in this spring. It is the same line that did really well at the Wetaskiwin show last year. I am referring to the hen that Duanescows had entered and it had done really well. His hen was the nicest that I had seen in over ten years. I now have 10 hens from that line that all look like the hen that won at that show . They are as cookie cutter as they come. If you want to improve the size and quality of your Australorp flock , you might want to consider getting a roo or two from me before they are gone. Dan Smith 403 240-2275

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Home

2New Australorp line~SOLD Empty Re: New Australorp line~SOLD Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:13 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Would you be willing to sell a pair Dan?

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

3New Australorp line~SOLD Empty Re: New Australorp line~SOLD Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:19 am

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hi Jayme, For the time I am going to be keeping the remaining 10 pullets that I have. I have already sold a couple of the pullets reluctantly and in time I might be willing to give up some more of them but just not yet. Were you interested in one of the cockerels?

4New Australorp line~SOLD Empty Re: New Australorp line~SOLD Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:20 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I just have no where to put a cockerel right now...I have a couple that are looking nice that are in with my hens right now, just too cold to deal with a single boy coming in right now. For a pair I would have made room. Smile

5New Australorp line~SOLD Empty Re: New Australorp line~SOLD Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:58 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hi again Jayme, Have you thought about putting one of you existing hens with one of my boys so that you can get the genes before they are all gone.

6New Australorp line~SOLD Empty Re: New Australorp line~SOLD Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:28 am

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Dan Smith wrote:Hi again Jayme, Have you thought about putting one of you existing hens with one of my boys so that you can get the genes before they are all gone.

Have you thought about posting a pic or two of these boys so we can see what they actually look like?!?! Very Happy

7New Australorp line~SOLD Empty Re: New Australorp line~SOLD Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:23 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

DWD, you will regret suggesting that!

Sue (Who hates Australorpers)

8New Australorp line~SOLD Empty Re: New Australorp line~SOLD Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:06 pm

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Schipperkesue wrote:DWD, you will regret suggesting that!

Sue (Who hates Australorpers)

Rolling Eyes
Never mind her. She's talking crazy talk again!

Really, I am wanting to see them! My hens from that same line are laying now and just might need a roo. However, I want to see what they look like first.
I am surprised at the egg size these girls are producing! The eggs are not huge like I have had in the past, but they are much bigger than the eggs these hens came from. Especially since theses are young pullets! The egg size is the only problem I am concerned about with this line. I feel this breed should be laying a larger egg. If these young pullets of mine continue to lay this size of egg, I might continue with them.

9New Australorp line~SOLD Empty Re: New Australorp line~SOLD Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:18 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I got my first pullet egg today from my new Australorp line and it is small but then all of my pullets lay a small egg at first but then they slowly get larger.

10New Australorp line~SOLD Empty Re: New Australorp line~SOLD Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:18 am

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Are you still wanting to sell the roosters Dan, or have you changed your mind?

11New Australorp line~SOLD Empty Re: New Australorp line~SOLD Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:57 pm

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Dan where are the birds from?

12New Australorp line~SOLD Empty Re: New Australorp line~SOLD Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:35 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

DWD , yes I still have some roos to sell and I will try to get pics tomorrow but I will have to email them to someone because my computer won't allow me to upload pics to Photoshop.

Cathy, These roos are from the Barry Wood line in Northern AB. The Australorp hen that was at the Wetaskewin show last year that looked so stunning and won her breed and I believe group and maybe more was from the Barry Wood line.

13New Australorp line~SOLD Empty Re: New Australorp line~SOLD Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:37 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hidden, I got your email and I will hold a roo for you. Call me tonight or tomorrow morning if you can. 403 240-2275

14New Australorp line~SOLD Empty Re: New Australorp line~SOLD Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:41 pm

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

PM sent.

15New Australorp line~SOLD Empty Re: New Australorp line~SOLD Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:43 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I would be happy to do it for you Dan if you would like to email me the pictures. I will be away in the morning, but will be home in the afternoon.

16New Australorp line~SOLD Empty Re: New Australorp line~SOLD Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:33 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

coopslave wrote:I would be happy to do it for you Dan if you would like to email me the pictures. I will be away in the morning, but will be home in the afternoon.

Thanks Coopslave, I will need your email address to send some pics. Thank you Dan

17New Australorp line~SOLD Empty Re: New Australorp line~SOLD Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:06 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Pm'd it to you Dan.

18New Australorp line~SOLD Empty Re: New Australorp line~SOLD Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:00 am

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I finally got my system working again. I guess I was top heavy with videos and pics because after I deleted a whole whack of videos and pics it decided to start working again. Here is a pic of one of the Australorp roos that I am talking about. They just turned 6 months and haven't yet started to crow.

New Australorp line~SOLD IMGP0297

19New Australorp line~SOLD Empty Re: New Australorp line~SOLD Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:31 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sorry Dan I was doing Christmas with my mom this weekend, got your message but not till late last night. Call me and I will help you out if you still need it.

20New Australorp line~SOLD Empty Re: New Australorp line~SOLD Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:12 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Sorry these Australorp roos are no longer available because they have all gone to winter freezer camp except the one that I am holding for Hidden River.

21New Australorp line~SOLD Empty Re: New Australorp line~SOLD Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:30 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

These are sold. Is this how I post that something has sold or is there another method. Sorry I am still a dinosaur.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum