Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cochin (Sold), Brahma and BLRW (Sold) For Sale BC

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

We are selling some of our chickens:
Three 2011 Columbian Wyandotte hens $50
Four Month old Black Cochin male from very good show stock $50
A 2010 Light Brahma rooster $20
A five month old Buff Brahma male $20
A five month old trio of Blue Laced Red Wyandotte-blue male, blue female and a splash female $50

7 three week old straight run Blue Laced Red Wyandottes at $10 each

One Black Orpington- three weeks old-$10
Contact via email. please.

Last edited by rosewood on Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I add some pictures to go with this ad. The first is a picture of the male Cochin about a month ago. I don't have recent pictures of the ones for sale, but these are some of the parents.
Cochin (Sold), Brahma and BLRW (Sold) For Sale BC P5070082

Cochin (Sold), Brahma and BLRW (Sold) For Sale BC March2011download355

Cochin (Sold), Brahma and BLRW (Sold) For Sale BC P7030280

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm surprised nobody wants any of these. The Cochin rooster is from some of the best breeding in Canada and I hate to see him going for KFC.

Rosie C

rosewood wrote:I'm surprised nobody wants any of these. The Cochin rooster is from some of the best breeding in Canada and I hate to see him going for KFC.
Do you have any birds left?
Thanks
Rosie

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hi Rosie

I have had a few bites on some of these, but all are on "if transportation then yes". The Black Orpington is a male, but probably a good bet to be show quality. The normal ratio of males to females seems to be the case with the 7 BLRWs from my last hatch-4 blues and 3 splashes. I'm going to advertise them in Kijiji soon.

Rosie C

rosewood wrote:Hi Rosie

I have had a few bites on some of these, but all are on "if transportation then yes". The Black Orpington is a male, but probably a good bet to be show quality. The normal ratio of males to females seems to be the case with the 7 BLRWs from my last hatch-4 blues and 3 splashes. I'm going to advertise them in Kijiji soon.
Ok, Do you still have the cochn rooster? Im looking for a few more hens for eggs, only about 5 but cant take to many more roosters

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have the Black Cochin rooster and 3 Columbian Wyandotte hens I would like to sell if you're interested.

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

The Columbian Wyandotte hens and the Black Cochin rooster have now been sold. Thanks Pawsdaisy and Marshasmall.

Three 2011 Columbian Wyandotte hens $50
Four Month old Black Cochin male from very good show stock $50

The following are still available:
A 2010 Light Brahma rooster $20
Three or four Blue Laced Red Wyandotte-roosters blues and splashes-$20 each
Cochin (Sold), Brahma and BLRW (Sold) For Sale BC P9280022
One Black Orpington from marshasmall- $20

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Ahhh Shoot,

had I known about this I would have loved to obtain one of your BLRW Blue boys, I think both myself and DSSR are in need of one.

Barrier is on Hiway 5 right?

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I believe I read in one of your recent posts that you were in Kamloops. Barriere is 40 minutes north of Kamloops on Highway 5. Marsha Small just bought one of our two Mazur Black Cochin roosters and is looking for transportation to Edmonton. Perhaps someone might be found to transport more than one rooster from here.

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

rosewood wrote:I believe I read in one of your recent posts that you were in Kamloops. Barriere is 40 minutes north of Kamloops on Highway 5. Marsha Small just bought one of our two Mazur Black Cochin roosters and is looking for transportation to Edmonton. Perhaps someone might be found to transport more than one rooster from here.

I am back in Edmonton now Sad it was an overnight trip... Left the 30th and back the 31st. as much as I would like one of the Blue boys, I don't think I can make another trip back into BC, well not at this very moment.

If there is enough interest perhaps.. School starts up next week for me, so if I did do another run it would have to be a weekend adventure.

Cheers,

Jonny.

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

A 2010 Light Brahma rooster $20 (possible sale pending)
Three Blue Laced Red Wyandotte-roosters blues and splashes-$20 each
I have a Black Orpington rooster from an egg swap with Marsha Small, but I have a possible sale pending for him.

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

One Blue Laced Red Wyandotte-roosters splash-$20 each
I have a Black Orpington rooster from an egg swap with Marsha Small.
The last two were hatched in August 2011.

msmall

msmall

How is the weight on the buff brahma rooster? We are looking for a big boy this year to try and add some weight on the breed here.

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

He is a good size and is the largest rooster we hatched last year. I don't really have a good way to measure him. He is from Chicken Tracy's stock so perhaps she can give you an idea of how that stock fared size wise.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum