Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Showing Poultry and Point System?

+2
Arcticsun
Jonny Anvil
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Showing Poultry and Point System? Empty Showing Poultry and Point System? Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:07 am

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Just Curious?

I was asking this before hand, and wanted to clarify again as I am narrowing down which birds to show at the Dec Show.
I have a nice LS Rooster that I would like to show, he has frost bite his Comb.

If I am not mistaken, the comb is a very small part of the point system and even though he is a tad frost bitten, it would be still worth showing him?

More or less I am looking to learn and hear tips form the Judges on what to look for in my birds!

cheers!

2Showing Poultry and Point System? Empty Re: Showing Poultry and Point System? Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:05 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

From other threads and chatting with others, some frostbite is not that big a deal as it is only 1 thing that is part of the whole comb, and the whole comb is only worth a little for the most part.

3Showing Poultry and Point System? Empty Re: Showing Poultry and Point System? Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:25 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Arcticsun wrote:From other threads and chatting with others, some frostbite is not that big a deal as it is only 1 thing that is part of the whole comb, and the whole comb is only worth a little for the most part.

That's what I remember hearing.... I really need to make those darn rooster toques I keep yakin aboot!

My LS rooster got some Frostbite on his Comb, when we hit -27 there the other week, I forgot to close the Doors.... My bad Sad

LOL

4Showing Poultry and Point System? Empty Re: Showing Poultry and Point System? Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:31 pm

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Toques are just silly!! LOL!
What you got to do Johnny is put the birds into heated insulated buildings!

5Showing Poultry and Point System? Empty Re: Showing Poultry and Point System? Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:40 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

I know...

But it would be funny to see anywho!

6Showing Poultry and Point System? Empty Re: Showing Poultry and Point System? Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:07 pm

liz

liz
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hey Jonny

I was looking in the standard and frozen combs lose 1/2 to 1 point. The bird is being judged out of 100 points so you don't lose very much.

7Showing Poultry and Point System? Empty Re: Showing Poultry and Point System? Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:51 pm

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

In the whole bird a being deducted 1 point is not a big issue. Don't get caught up in some of the small details.
Enter him and see what the judge thinks.

8Showing Poultry and Point System? Empty Re: Showing Poultry and Point System? Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:39 am

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Awesome,

That is good to know.... I am making lists and going over things.. Plan to have my online registration filled out by Sunday afternoon.

Getting excited.

9Showing Poultry and Point System? Empty Re: Showing Poultry and Point System? Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:16 pm

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Look forward to seeing your Orpingtons at the show and what every other birds you bring! I bathed up 23 birds today and only half way done!

10Showing Poultry and Point System? Empty Re: Showing Poultry and Point System? Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:38 pm

Piet

Piet
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

k.r.l wrote:In the whole bird a being deducted 1 point is not a big issue. Don't get caught up in some of the small details.
Enter him and see what the judge thinks.

But detail is important and gets noticed, one little point or a half will make the difference in taking a best of breed or not. Okay enough of my negative outlook, I am an elephant

Piet

http://pvgflemishgiants.tripod.com/

11Showing Poultry and Point System? Empty Re: Showing Poultry and Point System? Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:22 pm

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Yes Piet if it is a tight class or competition a half point can be the difference of a first or second place. But If they aren't in the show the judge can't make their decision. So without entering them you will never know...

Lets think glass half full!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum