Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Critters N Crafts Spring sale - May 14 - Milo, Ab

+12
ChicoryFarm
Karma Creek Farm
Sushi
Rosies
DoubleSSRanch
Anna
lanaire-ranching
Cathyjk
cbrookkelly
Hidden River
mirycreek
TysExotics
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well after our very eventfull day we are finally packed up except for the day old chicks. Time for a shower and bed, have to get up by 5 am to get ready to leave and be at Ty's by 9 to unload. Going to be one tired lady tomorrow night...
Just might have to take up drinking coffee Miry with the little sleep I have been getting lately.
Night all, see you tomorrow.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I hope everyone has fun and lots of success with their sales.

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Can't wait to see everyone, I won't get there till around 1 pm, so don't worry. Haha, have to make a couple of stops on my way.

maddyfofatty

maddyfofatty

I'm so excited for everyone!! I can't wait to hear about everybody's treasures and I am crazy excited for the treasures Chicory is bringing home for me!! I'll make it next year for sure! bounce bounce

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

We're home! What a fantastic sale and a huge crowd early on!! Really nice to catch up with everyone cheers
I only brought home some exquisite yards and socks....Claire I LOVE THESE! Thank you sooo much. I can't wait to work with these cheers Kicking myself for not buying the chocolate colour too Smile
Weather was perfect, food was delicious, set ups were fantastic. Thank you Ty and Family for hosting another great Critters and Crafts day.

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

We are finally home and unloaded, birds fed and watered and my wonderful little Ameraucana's tucked in for the night. Thanks Kelly for all help in getting them.
The sale was awesome, we were swamped till about noon, then had a break but still a steady flow of people. Sold a lot of birds, met some great people and some hopefully new members as well.
Was great to visit with everyone between sales, has been an exhausting week getting ready for the sale, but was well worth it.
Thank you Ty and family as well, was a well put on sale, food was great, and people loved that they could come buy birds personally from people and not go to an auction.
The helpers you had unloading and loading were excellent, Grandma Art's hubby was a great help again as always, thank you.

Cathy Amy adores her little duckling, cuddled and played with "her" all day. Now the ducky is in the brooder with the new born goslings learning it is in fact a duck. Smile
Kelly got 2 muscovy eggs tonight in their box as well, thank you for those lovely hens...
And Ty, well we might have to have a discussion on the sweet little grey call hen I had my eye on, are you coming to Red Deer?

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Congratulations Ty, all I heard was good news, most everyone sold out quite early. Very well set up.
Nice to see everyone, if only for a short visit.
And how did I end up with three little Cayuga ducks?!?!?! I swear they grew an inch on the way home.
Got the eggs delivered to Chickory for Harrop, chicks for a fellow in Sask, thanks Jayme, and also Red Willows JG eggs are on there way.

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hidden River wrote:

Cathy Amy adores her little duckling, cuddled and played with "her" all day.

Excellent. She, Amy, is just adorable too! Thanks for letting her take a baby home.

Great day, loads of fun!!! Thanks TY!

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

It was a good trip! I was there with my two oldest boys and sold out by 1:00!! first son still had some buckeye pullets (but he wasn't too sad about that!) second son still had a few Saxony ducklings but now he gets to take them to Red Deer...

Great to see everyone, Jayme and family, chicory farm, chickeesmom, kelly, cathy,boothcreek, piet, Dan, grandma Art, Ty and family,chemie,princesandwich, claire and family, An and all the rest that Im forgetting here..

And we came home with...lots of empty boxes and....little wlr cornish bantam pullet and black bantam cochin(thanks An)

While E was waiting with his new wlr cornish bantam in the Sobey's parking lot she laid an egg for him!
Laughing
Lovely bluebird box from An's son...
Got the cutest slippers for the three youngest from the hutterite ladies from Cluny..

Beautiful socks Claire, I am one happy mom with a son with such good taste in mothers day presents!!
See you all soon...(glad theres 2 weeks to clean up and get ready for the next one though!)
PHEW! Sure glad I had an extra driver there and back....

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Sure wish I could have met more members, oh well, next time. Had a short visit with Jean, ( Makwasni ) and a smile at abpride as she was heading out.
Miry you have wonderful sons, very polite young men.
Princesandwich, nice to meet you and we will see you at Red Deer.

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Good morning everyone!

What a great trip for me and my two friends! The 9 hour trip one way was totally worth it. I so enjoyed meeting Miry Creek, Anna, Hidden River, Dan Smith and Chickeesmom. Sorry I missed meeting cbrookkelly, Cathyjk and lanaire!

Was so lovely to meet the children of Hidden, Miry and Anna.

Miry and Hidden, your Doms and Silkies travelled beautifully together and are still together with no issues whatsoever. All of them are so healthy and happy looking. Thank you.

Anna, loved your bantams. Next year! Smile

Thank you Ty. Look forward to many more ventures like that over the years.

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

nice to meet you too chicory, glad you and your chicks made it home fine.

I just wanted to remind you about the zip tie leg bands I had on the Dominiques. You should probably cut and replace them with proper legbands or bigger zip ties soon. (If you need them marked at all)

I should have mentioned that to you at the time...they will get too tight very quickly.

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Will do Miry. I appreciate you banding them and can't see the need to keep them banded. Thanks so much for the separate lines. That's awesome. As soon as I learn to download photos, I'll take some pictures of them in their new home. You'll be pleased. They're so cute mixed in with those funny (but beautiful) looking Silkies and love that you and Hidden are good friends and your birds will grow up together too.

Anna

Anna

First of all, a BIG THANK YOU to Ty and all the volunteers. Before I knew everthing was unloaded and loaded in my Van.
It was nice to meet so many people.
Thanks Jayme and Dan for the eggs, lovely blue colored and dark brown ones, and thanks Princeandwich for taking the eggs from someone else to me!

And thanks to all who made my son sooooo happy by buying a bluebird house and/or a laying nest. He spent some of his money and bought eggs
from Jayme, Golden Laced Wyandotte, what a great choice he made! And he is inspired by Princeandwich and his very tame Leghorn, he is gonna
try it with all his own Wyandottes!
(this morning he was telling his dad how he tried to sell his last bluebird house, apperently he went to every booth with it, with the question, "you wanna buy it?". I'm sorry, I felt a bit embarresed about it)

But we had a great day. It was hard, but I didn't buy any birds. I really wanted to buy some Polish,
but my husband asked me kindly only to buy fertile eggs. I didn't bring in any adult birds for over a year now.

Chantecler_eh?

Chantecler_eh?

I had an awesome time. Got to meet lots of new people and did quite a bit of selling. Ok, OK so I bought too. LOL A cute little bantam cornish hen and a fluffy little bantam cochin pullet from Anna. I got an egg on Saturday and a smaller egg on Sunday. Is the cochin laying?
Great sale Ty, hope it continues!

http://feathers-farm.webs.com

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

Anna wrote:First of all, a BIG THANK YOU to Ty and all the volunteers. Before I knew everthing was unloaded and loaded in my Van.
It was nice to meet so many people.
Thanks Jayme and Dan for the eggs, lovely blue colored and dark brown ones, and thanks Princeandwich for taking the eggs from someone else to me!

And thanks to all who made my son sooooo happy by buying a bluebird house and/or a laying nest. He spent some of his money and bought eggs
from Jayme, Golden Laced Wyandotte, what a great choice he made! And he is inspired by Princeandwich and his very tame Leghorn, he is gonna
try it with all his own Wyandottes!
(this morning he was telling his dad how he tried to sell his last bluebird house, apperently he went to every booth with it, with the question, "you wanna buy it?". I'm sorry, I felt a bit embarresed about it)

But we had a great day. It was hard, but I didn't buy any birds. I really wanted to buy some Polish,
but my husband asked me kindly only to buy fertile eggs. I didn't bring in any adult birds for over a year now.

well they were beautiful boxes at a great price and your son should be proud of them so I don't think you should have any worries there An!
My hubby was pleased to get one of them...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum