Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking for Frizzle Chickens and Mille fleurs in Southern BC

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

lsecord

I have one lonely frizzle roo that needs mates.

Also my friend is looking to increase her mille fleurs.
If you have extras please let us know.

Thanks,
Linda

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

My understanding of Frizzles is that frizzle x frizzle = no feathers. I have read that it is adviseable to breed frizzle to smooth, giving approx 50% frizzled chicks and 50% smooth chicks. I will be breeding polish frizzles in spring, I have 2 groups - smooth roo x frizzled hens, frizzled roo x smooth hens.
SO, you could really put your roo in with whatever you wanted to "frizzle" and end up with about half frizzled chicks. Smile mmm... frizzled ameraucana......

http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

What is your friend looking for with mille fleurs? I have a 6 month old pet quality cockerel who is beautiful and friendly but has a crooked toe (probably incubator related) I may also have a hen or two but not too sure yet what I will have available.

Anne

P.S. I am in winfield just outside of kelowna

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

4Looking for Frizzle Chickens and Mille fleurs in Southern BC Empty frizzles and mille fleur Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:27 am

lsecord

Thanks for the update on how to get Frizzles Briarwood.
I have a sliver laced wyandotte hen the only one in my group and she would be a perfect match for Mr.Frizzle.

Anne,I will check with Barb and see what she is exactly looking for and get back to you.

Thanks,
Linda

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum