Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Questions about the CHB Show in December

+2
mirycreek
Hidden River
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Questions about the CHB Show in December Empty Questions about the CHB Show in December Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:22 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I was wondering if there is going to be a seperate donation/prize money for the junior exhibitors? These guys are our "up and coming's" and we need to encourage them to keep participating.
Would it be possible or even accepted to do a "Champion" row for their birds? I know my girls were tickled pink with their ribbons last year, but to get prize money would definately be a plus for kids as well, to put into new and better stock.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

I don't think we will be able to attend this show this year but I would definitely be on board to sponsor an award for top and/or reserve junior awards. I think a small trophy might even be more exciting for them than a cash award? But cash is nice too!

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

liz

liz
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

We will definitely have Champion Row for "Our Up and Comers"!! We are hoping to have sponsor ship for the Juniors as well.

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

That is great Liz, my girls will be pumped to hear about that.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Frizzle

Frizzle
New Here

what age do you have to be to be a junior ??

Frizzle

Frizzle
New Here

also what time would do you have to get your birds there.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

When do entries close?

Sue

liz

liz
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Junior is any one under the age of 18 years. Birds entered in the show have to be in the show cages by 11am on Friday Dec 9th. Junior Showmanship starts at 1:00 Saturday afternoon. Junior exhibitor with their bird can arrive just prior to 1:00. Entries close on Nov 28th.

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Frizzle were you wondering the time birds have to be cooped in (arrive) for the junior classes or the whole show?

For the main show you can coop in on thursday evening or friday morning before 11 am.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

NOVEMBER 28! That is just over a month away!!!!!!!

Sue

11Questions about the CHB Show in December Empty Frizzle Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:49 am

Frizzle

Frizzle
New Here

k.r.l wrote:Frizzle were you wondering the time birds have to be cooped in (arrive) for the junior classes or the whole show?

For the main show you can coop in on thursday evening or friday morning before 11 am.

i am 12 and entering a frizzle black cochin i got at the simpson sale and my brother is 14 and entering a silkie i am going in the class where you dress up your chicken and he is going in the junior class so we booked our hotel for the 9,10,11 of dec so when do our chickens need to be there on friday
Exclamation

Frizzle

Frizzle
New Here

Schipperkesue wrote:When do entries close?

Sue

noveber 28th Very Happy

liz

liz
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hey Frizzle

The birds that are entered in Junior classes need to be in their show cages no later than 11:00am Friday morning. These are the classes where your bird is judged.

The birds for Junior Showmanship can be put in their show cage just prior to the class starting.Which is 1:00 Saturday afternoon. Showmanship classes are about how much the exhibitor knows about their bird ie: can you show the judge where the wattles are. The judge will also be looking at your bird to see how well you have conditioned it ie: clean,no bugs,in good weight. You will also be expected to present your self properly ie: clean clothes, being able to talk to the judge and be respectful.

The entries for the Bedazzled class need to be in their show cages no later 11:00am on Saturday.Costumes can be put on just before judging at about 3:00pm.

Hopes this answers some questions, if you have any more please post. If my answers are not clear let me know. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum