Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

mumma barn cat

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1mumma barn cat Empty mumma barn cat Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:02 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

We have a beautiful barn cat. She is just a regular tabby with white chest and toes. She is just a wee bit of a thing but a hunting machine. I see her with gophers that are almost the same size as she is.

She had a litter of kittens this summer and I was not able to get a hold of them. The have grown up wild. I think there is just 2 left of the 4. They are both males (I did get my hands on them when they were young, but she moved them right there and then!). One is the most lovely smoky, grey tabby with no brown in him at all. Very dreamy and a real house cat looking cat. I wish I could have caught and tamed him. The other is a smoke colour with white chest and white toes. He is polydactyl. They will both hang around me in the barn and come very close for feed, but I can not touch them.

She got pregnant again almost straight away, poor thing. Such a good mum and teaching them all to hunt. We need barn cats so we were not concerned about her and the 2 adolesant boys, but really did not want another litter.

Well I have caught 2 of the kittens from this litter. They are WILD!!!! I have caught them and locked them up. I am glad I had gloves on cause they put up a ferocious fight! They are about 4 weeks. Mum is locked up with them now too, but I am afraid I am not able to find the other 2 kittens. I did see them quickly when I caught these 2, but did not have enough hands for them.

I am keeping an eye out, but I may have to let her out again to care for them. I would like her to raise the ones we have though. I am not sure what to do really. I wish she would just led me to them, but she is to smart for that! Laughing

These 2 are lovely kittens. One is a lilac point, long hair polydactyl and the other is a smokey calico polydactyl. She has multiple toes on all four feet. Very cool.

Mumma barn cat goes to the vet in the next few weeks. I really want to get a bit of weight on her first. She has raised 2 lovely litters and that is enough. She will be fixed now and will live the rest of her life ruling the ranch and hunting to her hearts content!

I will try to get some pictures of the kittens when they calm down a bit. There is still much growling and hissing, but they are getting better now cause momma loves her lovin' and she is setting a good example,

2mumma barn cat Empty Re: mumma barn cat Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:32 pm

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oh goodness, they sound too cute! I love those little polydactyl kitties, the siamese coloring is another bonus! I am sure you won't have any problem finding them homes if that's what you decide to do! Semi-wild kittens can tame up pretty well, even at that age, good luck! Smile

http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum