Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

retirement or life of crime?

+8
Schipperkesue
Fowler
rosewood
BriarwoodPoultry
shadowridge
Grandma Art
Prairie Chick
uno
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26retirement or life of crime? - Page 2 Empty Re: retirement or life of crime? Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:33 pm

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

uno wrote:If you are young, this might not concern you. But if you are young, this SHOULD concern you. I toss this out to see what others are thinking /doing.

Against the wise counsel of our investor guy, we have not managed to sock away 2.2 million in high yielding investments. On that advice of our investor guy we started out pinching pennies from a very skinny household income to set aside into a monthly RRSP contribution. Fast forward to now and...we are no better off despite the assurances that one day we will be. Maybe if we live to be 200. BUt so far we have lived through 3 pretty serious stock crashes that have seen our miniscule investments pretty much vanish into thin air.

Investor types like to tell you that if you had your money in a bank savings account, you wouldn't even be making the rate of inflation. True. BUt at least you'd still have the money,because you can wake up one morning after a tech stock crash and find a big fat zero where there used to be tens of thousands.

Most Canadians have little to no retirement savings and some Canadians have no work pension. We are the no pension gang and only enough in retirement savings for two bags of groceries. Hubby is in panic mode. We are talking about selling our kidneys on the black market. Or a life of criminal activity. Hubby is handy, I think he could hoist cars (and keep them here to part out, WRONG!) We are kicking around the idea of rental real estate, but with the price of real estate in BC and some horror stories of what it's like if you get bad renters, we are worried about our old age.

If you have farmed or worked for small industry with no pension plans, how do you all plan to retire? Or can you? According to the investment wisdom, we're toast.

My wife works for the School board and was informed last year that their pension investments are all but gone, HOW can this happen and on the advice of a trusted friend and pension investor we move most of mine to were he sugested well it is now all gonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

http://www.popscoops.com

27retirement or life of crime? - Page 2 Empty Re: retirement or life of crime? Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:53 pm

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

shadowridge wrote:There's some stuff out there on the net about JP Morgan facing bankruptcy because Venuzuela wants to recall their gold stocks home, most of the gold countries own is actually kept elsewhere. Thing is, does the gold actually exist, or is a lot of the gold just stocks bought and sold? And now they have to come up with the actual gold. And what is gold's actual intrinsic value anyway, other than the emotional value we ascribe to it, its uses are limited. Is not the value attached to it speculative, based on what buyers think it may be sold for tomorrow or 10 years down the road, and not a value based in reality? Food is reality, and basic needs, and we very much need to be worried about dentists and doctors. I have a Type 1 Diabetic daughter I am very worried about, as in how to access insulin with worthless dollars.
JP MORGAN is not the only investment firm that is in trouble but yes the gold is there but it is borrowed against so it probably will not be able to be returned, could you imagine if a country tried to sell hundreds of millions of dollars in gold, the market would collapse every thing would go into a tail spin, like I said if you have gold ( broken chains rings coins whatever) sell now find an honest person to sell it for you and take the money and run.

http://www.popscoops.com

28retirement or life of crime? - Page 2 Empty Re: retirement or life of crime? Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:21 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Uno, I have two words for you....
Home grown.
I lived in BC for a bit. In that neck of the woods there three main employers, dissability, perscription redistribution and home grown.

I repeat ... "Home... Grown"....

29retirement or life of crime? - Page 2 Empty Re: retirement or life of crime? Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:42 pm

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wink

30retirement or life of crime? - Page 2 Empty Re: retirement or life of crime? Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:19 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Arctic, you make me laugh! As I type, the roar of a huge diesel generator on a nearby 80 acres rumbles through the night. It is operating the exhaust/ fan system on a rather hi-tech home grown. Used to be the same operation ran on pirated hydro until 4 cop cars and a van showed up to put a stop to that. A small bump in the production and he's learned his lesson, no more stealing power, now it's a monster diesel generator that keeps everyone awake. Sounds like he's running a bulldozer 24/7. IT's one thing to be a criminal but another to be a NOISY criminal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum