Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need to get a cow from PG to Terrace BC

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Need to get a cow from PG to Terrace BC Empty Need to get a cow from PG to Terrace BC Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:17 pm

HiddenAcresBC

HiddenAcresBC

Well its a loooooong shot...but Im looking to either rent/borrow or even buy a cheap single horse trailer. I need to find a way to get a halter broke Jersey cow from Prince George to Terrace this coming week! I have asked EVERYONE I know who knows of people with trailers. I cant find anyone willing to lend me their trailer. Anyone have a suggestion? Or a very cheap stock trailer (that the wiring and tires and floor are good on)

Jaclyn

poplar girl

poplar girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Our UFA rents their horse trailer. Maybe you have something similar out there you could check into? I hope you find one!

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Did you get that 5yr old I emailed you about? Sending you email Very Happy

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

We have a similar transportation issue ourselves. We want to transport 4 steers and 2 pigs to the Williams lake area in October/November for butchering. A Kamloop's company rent a stock trailer, but it is only big enough for 2 steers. We have a stock rack that could carry another 2 or maybe 3, but the new truck has a short box. I have an old truck with a long box, but it needs some restoring and needs to be switched to gasoline to free up the whole box. We decided to do some restoration because it is cheaper than buying a trailer which we can't afford at present.

HiddenAcresBC

HiddenAcresBC

Serjay I ended up buying (well I havent paid for her yet since I cant find her a ride!) a 2 year old Jersey currently milking from Hunnydo. She actually has 3 to choose from so I will make a trip up there this coming week to pick one out for sure...but this trailer issue is sort of a bump in the road so to speak. Not sure what we can do about it. NO ONE in this area rents trailers except uhaul and Im pretty sure its a) not affordable and b) not suitable for a cow. Pooey.

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Danchuk Trailers 250-561-2686 advertises stock trailers for rent ($70 per day) in Prince George. It may mean an extra trip if you can't find a back haul from Terrace

HiddenAcresBC

HiddenAcresBC

Thanks Rosewood! Looks like that may work if nothing else will!

Jaclyn

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum