Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jersey cow for sale Terrace BC

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jersey cow for sale Terrace BC Empty Jersey cow for sale Terrace BC Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:02 pm

HiddenAcresBC

HiddenAcresBC

I am putting my purebred Jersey cow up for sale. Avilable just as soon as I find the right home for her to go to. She was born April 2007, and is her 4th pregnancy I believe. I dont have all info as I bought her from a middle man who got her from a dairy down south. SHe is a great cow. Wonderfully easy to milk, gives me 2 gallons on a once a day routine. She was at 4.5 gallons at peak. She is bred to a Black Dexter bull and due April 10. She has never had issues with milk fever and has had no signs of mastitis this lactation. She doesnt kick during milking and is good with children. Really there isnt anything wrong with her and Im probably crazy to sell her. But I will be gone for a whole month or longer this winter and I cant find trustworthy caretakers for that long. Id rather sell her to a caring family and know for sure she is well taken care of. So if you are looking for a wonderful family milk cow this is the cow for you! Im asking $1800 but for the right family Im willing to barter or maybe trade something as partial payment? Im wide open to suggestion.

Jaclyn

2Jersey cow for sale Terrace BC Empty Re: Jersey cow for sale Terrace BC Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:34 pm

pfarms

pfarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Too bad you are so far away. The trucking would kill me. My older Jersey was diagnosed with ovarian cysts that has left her unable to conceive this year at all. We are continuing to try though with help of the vet. She is a great cow. Our heifer had her first calf a month ago, but we milk share (the cow raises the calf themselves and we milk once a day until weaning), so getting only about half a gallon a day (she holds back for the calf). Having another one around who is already used to a once a day routine would be awesome.

http://dtfarm.webs.com/

3Jersey cow for sale Terrace BC Empty Re: Jersey cow for sale Terrace BC Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:04 pm

HiddenAcresBC

HiddenAcresBC

Ahhh yes I seem to be a long ways away from...everyone! haha. If I had a trailer I would haul her, but Ive been reluctant to buy one, and now if I sell my cow I wont need one anyways. I have no idea what trucking costs are like from here to there, but I would imagine well over $500. Makes an already expensive animal unaffordable for most, unfortunately Sad
I hope you find a great cow close to home and I hope I find a buyer nearby Smile Good luck!

Jaclyn

4Jersey cow for sale Terrace BC Empty Re: Jersey cow for sale Terrace BC Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:16 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hey, I have a friend near Lac La Hache looking for a dairy cow - is yours still for sale?

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

5Jersey cow for sale Terrace BC Empty Re: Jersey cow for sale Terrace BC Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:26 pm

HiddenAcresBC

HiddenAcresBC

Possibly. I go back and forth on wether or not to sell her. The milk is divine. The work is too great for only me though. So if she is seriously interested and can pick her up then yes she may still be for sale. I have no way to transport her though. And it is a long drive from Lac La Hache! So yes she might be for sale still Wink haha

Jaclyn

6Jersey cow for sale Terrace BC Empty Re: Jersey cow for sale Terrace BC Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:47 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Got it. Will get back to you if there is interest from Lac La Hache...

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

7Jersey cow for sale Terrace BC Empty Re: Jersey cow for sale Terrace BC Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:21 am

HiddenAcresBC

HiddenAcresBC

She is still available. I would like to see her go soon while the weather and road conditions are good. But agian, delivery is not available. Pick up only please.

Jaclyn

8Jersey cow for sale Terrace BC Empty Re: Jersey cow for sale Terrace BC Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:41 am

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

If we an get our barn built I am very interested, but right at this moment I can't as I have no place for her just yet! I will check back to see if you still have her once the barn is built. I am kind of on my own building it right now as hubby has just started a new job so it very well could take quite a while!

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum