Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

more new puppies (pics)

+3
Blue Hill Farm
Hidden River
coopslave
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1more new puppies  (pics) Empty more new puppies (pics) Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:41 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well, we have had another litter of puppies. I think this is the last time we will have two litters in one year. Or at least so close together.

They really are so cute and 6 days old in these pictures. Ice is an excellent mum, her first time.

Sorry to bore you with more puppy pictures, I just think they are soooooooo cute!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Too cute for words!

Good mum and so much milk!

2more new puppies  (pics) Empty Re: more new puppies (pics) Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:58 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Awww so cute, Never to bore me with pictures, I love baby anythings...Glad Ice is a good mom for her first time. Congratts!

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

3more new puppies  (pics) Empty Re: more new puppies (pics) Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:15 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

^ Same here. Smile Puppy pics and bore do not belong in the same sentence! lol

Awww, I gotta agree, they are way too cute for words. Very Happy Ice is one pretty mama. Congrats!

4more new puppies  (pics) Empty Re: more new puppies (pics) Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:28 pm

Azure Farm

Azure Farm

Aww very cute puppies .

http://azurepoultry.webs.com/

5more new puppies  (pics) Empty Re: more new puppies (pics) Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:50 pm

DCChick

DCChick
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

They are SOOO cute. I love white. White anything, flowers, animals, sheets. I am the only erson I know whose favourite colour is white Wink
What breed are they?

6more new puppies  (pics) Empty Re: more new puppies (pics) Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:14 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

The pups are growing well and Ice is doing a great job. It has been pretty hot here the last few days and they are feeling it a bit. Good thing we always get cool evenings.
They come out of the house to my voice now. Pretty cute!

7more new puppies  (pics) Empty Re: more new puppies (pics) Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:40 am

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hey coopslave, they are so cute. Love the short hair, given we have a golden retriever. Remind us again, what breed are they? Do you keep them as livestock guardian dogs? And do you have buyers for all of them?

8more new puppies  (pics) Empty Re: more new puppies (pics) Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:58 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

ChicoryFarm they are White English Bulldogs, or sometimes called Old White English. They are the oldtime farm dogs of the deep south, ours came from Mississippi but they are mainly around Georgia, Alabama and Florida. In history they have been used for many things around the farm and new strains seem to be popping up as pig hunting dogs. Many of the registered American Bulldogs have this breed as their roots.
We searched very hard to find someone that is still breeding them as a `farm dog` and not the higher energy pig dog. Where our pair came from he uses them as livestock protection, for goats, and he says they have solved the feral dog problem he has had for years.
We don`t use them that way, but I can tell you how I feel they may differ from other livestock protection dogs. These guys don`t seem to roam. They are real home bodies, so if you are looking for a dog to live out in a big pasture with the sheep, I personally (new to the breed though) don`t think these guys would do it. They are to committed to their people to leave them for long periods. Having said that they are very particular about what is `right` and seem to know when things shouldn`t be happening. They are laid back and casual and lazy until something is happening and then the shift is amazing! I personally think they would be a better small holding type dog, say a couple acres to 30 or so. I could be wrong, and they may be happy to live with the livestock, but I just don`t see our two doing it. My female will not even go for a run with hubby and the mob of other dogs if she knows I am still in the house. She just sits on the porch and waits for me to come out. She is very committed to my chickens and doesn`t let any of the other dogs close to them unless I am there. She is very suspicious of strangers and will not come up to people she doesn`t know. People think she is timid, but she is not, she is very cautious and likes to assess situations. The male is outgoing and respectfully friendly to anyone we say is ok, but has a bark that rattles the window. They also have the most amazing growl! It comes from deep down in their chest and makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. They love children, puppies and cats. You do not need to be an`'alpha' with these guys, they are respectful of everyone in the family including kids.
This is just our experiences with them so far. I really like the breed and like the short coat and the size of them. They have an amazing sence of humour and a great off switch. You can have them playing like idiots and you just say `that`s enough` and they are quietly walking beside you like nothing was happening before.
We have not sold any of the pups yet. They are 3 weeks now. I like to make sure everyone is healthy and growing well before I advertise. I think I will start to find homes this week. I am happy to answer any more questions if anyone has them, just PM or email me so I am not boring everyone with my gushing about these dogs! Embarassed Laughing

9more new puppies  (pics) Empty Re: more new puppies (pics) Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:16 am

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks for the thorough info coopslave. I'm intrigued and will talk to Russell about them......
We had our name on a list for a puppy this year but had to let it go at the time, as we've been so busy. The timing of your litter is better.

They're great looking and I love that they're not long haired. I'm sure they shed but their coat would require far less maintenance than a long haired dog. We're trying to simplify in as many areas as we can as we grow our menagerie/livestock.

Smile

10more new puppies  (pics) Empty Re: more new puppies (pics) Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:32 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

CF send me a message and we will talk turkey....I mean puppy! Laughing

11more new puppies  (pics) Empty Re: more new puppies (pics) Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:50 pm

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hey, they don't look like a bulldog at all, ok the ones I am used to seeing.
Very cool.

I have a friend in Washington state who might be interested. I just sent her email describing the dogs and a link to a site.

All good. And very cute puppies....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum