Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bumper Crop of Saskatoons

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bumper Crop of Saskatoons Empty Bumper Crop of Saskatoons Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:25 pm

maddyfofatty

maddyfofatty

Hi Everyone, I'm going to have a bumper crop of Saskatoon berries this year Very Happy and will be making the usual jam & jelly and I might even try drying them. My question is what would be a fair price for fresh picked/frozen per lb.? I looked it up on google and it's anywhere from $2.60 (u-pick) - $5...would $5 be too much?

2Bumper Crop of Saskatoons Empty Re: Bumper Crop of Saskatoons Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:31 am

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

When I used to sell them I charged $20 for an ice-cream pail. I would think $25 for an icecream pail now. Mind you they grow wild and everywhere here.

3Bumper Crop of Saskatoons Empty Re: Bumper Crop of Saskatoons Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:56 am

maddyfofatty

maddyfofatty

Awesome thanks Prairie! Something to go on...they grow wild everywhere here to - I guess people can't be bothered (or to lazy) to pick what's right in front of them lol!
Next will come the huckleberries!! Those are like gold nuggets around here. cheers

4Bumper Crop of Saskatoons Empty Re: Bumper Crop of Saskatoons Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:41 pm

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

no 5.00 a pouns is very reasonable they charge 25 to 30 a ice cream pail here

http://www.popscoops.com

5Bumper Crop of Saskatoons Empty Re: Bumper Crop of Saskatoons Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:12 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

Going price for an ice cream pail of saskatoons here is $25. That is how I would charge is by the ice cream pail,if you pick them over and freeze them, I would definitely charge at least $5.00 per pound.

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

6Bumper Crop of Saskatoons Empty Re: Bumper Crop of Saskatoons Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:30 pm

maddyfofatty

maddyfofatty

Thanks guys!! Now I'm getting really excited! I have read up on the nutritional value of Saskatoons and they exceed the Blueberry...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum