Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Coturnix Chicks hatched Dec 13/14

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Coturnix Chicks hatched Dec 13/14 Empty New Coturnix Chicks hatched Dec 13/14 Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:51 am

Perryschofield

Perryschofield
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

My final hatch of regular sized coloured Coturnix Quail for 2014. It was a very mixed bunch of 47 chicks in all. There are 14 Silvers/Silver Tuxedos/Charcoals, 9 Goldens, 2 Whites, 4 Tuxedo, 8 Pharaoh, and 10 Rosette/Tibetan (4 of them may be Charcoals). There are also 4 Button quail in the group. I was very happy to have 6 of the nine Blue eggs I put in hatch this time. 4 of the 6 were Silver, 1 was White, and one was a Rosette. All the Blue eggs came from 1 pair, a Pharaoh colour male and a Silver hen, the only Blue egger hen I have right now. I always put the Blue eggs in a wire hatching basket the last 2 days so I can mark them. I want to keep the blue egg gene alive.

Picture of New babies hatch Jan12/13

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My young birds are all starting to lay and fertility is around 81%(47/58)). I am starting to take orders for delivery of my regular sizes coturnixs of which I have 10 colours on Dec. 19th. The colours are: Pharaoh, Silver Pharaoh, True Silver, Silver Tuxedo, Charcoal (a dark grey), Tuxedo, White, Golden, Rosette, Tibetan, Golden Tuxedo. Tuxedo

Eggs come in box size of 36, 72, and 144. Eggs are a mixture of all of the above. Shipping paid by buyer.

Picture of my Blue eggs

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

http://www.pandlgamebirds.ca

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum