Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Barred Rock Std Large Fowl

+8
KathyS
coopslave
authenticfarm
Omega Blue Farms
CynthiaM
viczoe
Schipperkesue
Bob G
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Barred Rock Std Large Fowl   - Page 2 Empty Re: Barred Rock Std Large Fowl Sun May 25, 2014 5:51 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Bob G wrote:Heather, Hopefully next year you will have some Barred Rocks in your hands to judge once again!! I have had good feedback from some eastern breeders  re shipping ! Fingers and Toes crossed I  will be back next year.    Very Happy   Very Happy 

Well, this to me is very, very, very exciting. And when you get full swing with the nice barred rocks, I will certainly be even more interested to see and hear what you are doing. So awesome, have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

27Barred Rock Std Large Fowl   - Page 2 Empty Re: Barred Rock Std Large Fowl Sun May 25, 2014 6:19 am

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Barred Rocks are what I grew up with. I have wanted them for many years. There are no quality birds to be found where I live. I have a few hens but they are half the size of the birds I remember. It is hard to breed good birds when the people who have them are far away and will not sell eggs or ship birds. How is a person supposed to get breeding stock? Hatcheries are the pnly ones who ship. Thats not what I want. I want quality birds. It is my goal to raise good Barred Rocks, Buff Orpingtons and Silkies. Thank you to Cynthia for sending me Orpington eggs. I have a good start in that breed. So if you know of anybody who has barred rocks please let me know and I will contact them.

Geri

28Barred Rock Std Large Fowl   - Page 2 Empty Re: Barred Rock Std Large Fowl Sun May 25, 2014 6:36 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Geri, that was like 2 years ago, I bet those birds do look nice now, good.....have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

29Barred Rock Std Large Fowl   - Page 2 Empty Re: Barred Rock Std Large Fowl Sun May 25, 2014 7:08 am

Bob G

Rasilon...Get yourself a subscription to Feather Fancier and Poultry Press .Google for breed clubs of the breeds you want! Do not get discouraged , breeders who do not ship may help with a contact who will. Most will not ship eggs. Be prepared for sticker shock,quality costs !!

30Barred Rock Std Large Fowl   - Page 2 Empty Re: Barred Rock Std Large Fowl Sun May 25, 2014 7:21 am

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Bob G wrote:Rasilon...Get yourself a subscription to Feather Fancier and Poultry Press .Google for breed clubs of the breeds you want! Do not get discouraged , breeders who do not ship may help with a contact who will. Most  will not ship eggs.  Be prepared for sticker shock,quality costs !!

Thank you . I already have done what you suggest. The barred rock club is almost non exsistant. I do know what good birds cost and I am willing to pay for them. Its just hard to get them where I live, the center of Canada, the middle of nowhere.

31Barred Rock Std Large Fowl   - Page 2 Empty Re: Barred Rock Std Large Fowl Sun May 25, 2014 7:49 am

Bob G

Rasilon, sent you a pm good luck

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum