Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Barred Rock (girls) crossed with Large Fowl White Cornish (boy)

+4
Schipperkesue
Rosies
SucellusFarms
Cathyjk
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hi, I have about 8 or 9 barred rock girls and a nice purebred LF white cornish.

Would anyone be interested in trying a dozen hatching eggs for meat birds--$15 a dozen?

There wouldn't be eggs ready until end of March, as the girls aren't separate but hopefully this weekend. And if the weather is awful, no shipping for a bit.

I would be happy to post a picture of the standard cornish too, just have to catch a pic of him.

My email is kincaic@gmail.com

We live in SE BC, shipping on Greyhound and packing I think would be 20-25 dollars to the coast or Alberta. I'm not keen to ship with Canada Post.

SucellusFarms

SucellusFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Do you have these this year? I would love to try some eggs...

Last edited by SucellusFarms on Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.sucellusfarms.ca

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I do have them.

I also work out of Kamloops frequently, sometimes out of Vancouver, so I could ship them much closer or meet you if it's on a trip out to Vancouver.

I will keep you posted on when eggs will be ready.

Rosies

I wouldn't mind trying a batch as well. 2dz would be great.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hi Cathy, not interested in crosses, but am still interested in large fowl white cornish! By the sounds of it do you only have a rooster left?

Sue

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

So these might be sex linked by color? the boys will be barred and the girls will be white?
Have you tried this cross before Cathy?
It sounds promising for a nice meaty bird. Im thinking this is how they make the cornishX offered by hatcheries...

Last edited by mirycreek on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

mirycreek wrote:So these might be sex linked by color? the boys will be barred and the girls will be white?
Have you tried this cross before Cathy?
It sounds promising for a nice meaty bird. How big is your cornish roo?

I think there may be a chance of a sexlink with these. My first instincts say barred males and black females. Some white birds have barring in them to clean up the white so that may put a wrench in that idea. Rolling Eyes
Would have to investigate more. I am interested to hear how this cross grows out.

SucellusFarms

SucellusFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

That sounds great! Let me know when you are coming to Vancouver. I will PM my tel#

http://www.sucellusfarms.ca

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Cathyjk wrote:Hi, I have about 8 or 9 barred rock girls and a nice purebred LF white cornish.

Would anyone be interested in trying a dozen hatching eggs for meat birds--$15 a dozen?

There wouldn't be eggs ready until end of March, as the girls aren't separate but hopefully this weekend. And if the weather is awful, no shipping for a bit.

I would be happy to post a picture of the standard cornish too, just have to catch a pic of him.

We live in SE BC, shipping on Greyhound and packing I think would be 20-25 dollars to the coast or Alberta. I'm not keen to ship with Canada Post.
So how did these turn out? Did it work for a meat bird?
Thanks for your time
Kimball

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I am curious as well, and if they tunred out well will you have eggs this year?

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

bcboy wrote:
Cathyjk wrote:Hi, I have about 8 or 9 barred rock girls and a nice purebred LF white cornish.

So how did these turn out? Did it work for a meat bird?
Thanks for your time
Kimball

Hi.. never incubated eggs last year and this year I don't have the barred rocks nor the lf cornish. So no ideas about how they would have turned out.

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Did anyone buy your hatching eggs? Maybe I could PM them and get them to post their results.
Thanks
Kimball

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Nope. No one was interested.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum