Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to feed and water goslings

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How to feed and water goslings Empty How to feed and water goslings Tue May 06, 2014 8:38 am

vic's chicks

I have been so preoccupied with my goose hatching that I haven't thought about food and water. I have been told that chick starter is ok. Should I be giving them something else? should I wet it? What kind of water container is best? Six new babies so far.

2How to feed and water goslings Empty Re: How to feed and water goslings Tue May 06, 2014 10:05 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I always use unmedicated started for waterfowl. Apparently the coccidiostat in medicated is not good for them.

3How to feed and water goslings Empty Re: How to feed and water goslings Tue May 06, 2014 6:45 pm

Farmchiq

Farmchiq

Almost all the feed stores I go into have duck/goose starter mash and crumble.

For water I would just use the base of a red waterer to get them started drinking, then put the top on it. I sometimes hold each baby and make sure they get a gulp in them then they take it from there.

4How to feed and water goslings Empty Re: How to feed and water goslings Fri May 09, 2014 10:38 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Planter bases work good for outdoor babies with parents. Make sure they're big enough and heavy enough that mom and dad don't step on the side and dump it over. Planter bases come in many sizes and are cheap Smile Works for food and water. Babies will follow mom and dads lead.

Big planter bases work for safe baby swims as well Smile Oh and yes starter crumble fine but malke its unmedicated. I imagine you have green grass so parents will already have them grazing Smile They are so soft and squishy!!! I love goslings

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum