Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Some Chantecler Ancestry

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Some Chantecler Ancestry Empty Some Chantecler Ancestry Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:46 am

Galep

Galep

A bit of History the first bird is a Malay (US)

Some Chantecler Ancestry Ancetr10

https://www.facebook.com/Metiers

2Some Chantecler Ancestry Empty Chantecler H Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:04 pm

chanta

New Here

I am assuming the bird in the oval picture is a chanty but from what era? Is the colored picture a current bird? I am seeing so many types of bird being called the same thing,that I feel very confused!However I also notice that the longer I have mine,3 yrs, the more they are more characteristic of my concept of the standard.Maturity seems to do that!

3Some Chantecler Ancestry Empty Re: Some Chantecler Ancestry Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:54 am

Galep

Galep

chanta wrote:I am assuming the bird in the oval picture is a chanty but from what era? Is the colored picture a current bird? I am seeing so many types of bird being called the same thing,that I feel very confused!However I also notice that the longer I have mine,3 yrs, the more they are more characteristic of my concept of the standard.Maturity seems to do that!

@ Chanta,

The pictures on my FB page is a bit better and with the titles.

Chantecler was design with a mix bag of breed but one strain was inbreed (Galep)

First picture is a US red Mallay the parent of many American Breed (ex: RIR) and to the Indian Game

Second picture is and Indian Game (1917) a breeder live next to OKA at the time of the Chantecler experimentation I have is name somewhere.

In the Oval a 1920 era bird as picture by Mr Cole and publish in the Journal of Heredity at the time of inception of the breed by APA This picture represent an Original Oka birds, In Quebec we have a specific SOP not the APA.

Last picture is a 2013 Galep birds with pedigree tracing back to those birds.

Those birds I do not sale but give one away once in a while to selected breeder, 2015 will be the last year.
In Quebec there are presently few breeders that have my (R) strain genetic

4Some Chantecler Ancestry Empty Chantecler H Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:29 am

chanta

New Here

Thanks for the explanation! From what I have read before,you have some origonal genetic material? Has any of that bloodline made it to western Canada in the recent times? I am seeing birds,that I understand the owners believe to be pure Chantecler, but as I said before have differences in skeletal structure ,bone and body size,and head and comb appearance,but they are all white. lol!!! Again I appreciate your explanations

5Some Chantecler Ancestry Empty Re: Some Chantecler Ancestry Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:40 am

Galep

Galep

chanta wrote:Thanks for the explanation! From what I have read before,you have some origonal genetic material? Has any of that bloodline made it to western Canada in the recent times? I am seeing birds,that I understand the owners believe to be pure Chantecler, but as I said before have differences in skeletal structure ,bone and body size,and head and comb appearance,but they are all white. lol!!!  Again I appreciate your explanations

I understand I have seen lots of whitey myself...
First there are on this forum some nice looking Chantecler.
Second Coyote acres is the owner of one of my ''G'' line, the ''G'' line was keep (50% linebreeding on my ''R'' line) on Québec available breeder's Birds.
Last My Original genetic material is Galep ''R'' line you may see one of the hen on my FB page under Rev, Michaud, he was breeding in before 1963

Last edited by Galep on Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum