Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Intelligence of Crows

+3
Magdelan
Schipperkesue
heda gobbler
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Intelligence of Crows Empty The Intelligence of Crows Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:24 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Amazing!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

2The Intelligence of Crows Empty Re: The Intelligence of Crows Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:17 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I love the crow family! So smart! Have you seen the Russian crow sliding down the snowy roof on a piece of metal? And here in DV the ravens play in the updrafts.

3The Intelligence of Crows Empty Re: The Intelligence of Crows Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:54 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

have seen this. love them. they are quite a lovely bird in my opinion. have heard them making the most dulcet and beguiling sounds like a lover crooning to its partner - quite charmed me.

4The Intelligence of Crows Empty Re: The Intelligence of Crows Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:47 am

auntieevil

auntieevil
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Crows are really cool, until they are flying away with a chick in their beaks -lol

5The Intelligence of Crows Empty Re: The Intelligence of Crows Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:54 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

They are amazingly smart but ours have done nothing but transfer trash to my yard. I wasn't happy the other day when I had to pick up McD's trash out of my chicken pen. Our murder has seemed to become reliant on humans its sad.

6The Intelligence of Crows Empty Re: The Intelligence of Crows Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:21 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

They certainly can be a pain around the barnyard! The dogs hate them because they steal their bones and kibble.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

7The Intelligence of Crows Empty Re: The Intelligence of Crows Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:14 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

We have Whiskey jacks that steal the dogs food. The crows aren't even allowed close Very Happy

8The Intelligence of Crows Empty Re: The Intelligence of Crows Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:45 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

When she was not much more than a toddler, my mother was always losing her hair ribbons. My Grandmother said that she used to get mad at her for it. Then their neighbour found a big pile of ribbons and shiny things in a valley on his roof. They kept watch and, sure enough, the crow would land right on my mother's shoulder and take the ribbons.  Laughing 

9The Intelligence of Crows Empty Re: The Intelligence of Crows Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:49 am

IzzyD

IzzyD

They are very smart, we've seen them dropping nuts for the cars to run over... Then go collect the cracked nut.

10The Intelligence of Crows Empty Re: The Intelligence of Crows Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:05 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

IzzyD wrote:They are very smart, we've seen them dropping nuts for the cars to run over... Then go collect the cracked nut.

For a second I thought you were going to say "to lure the squirrels into the street".

11The Intelligence of Crows Empty Re: The Intelligence of Crows Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:06 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Have you heard of "Swooping Season" in Australia?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]