Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Day 14 air cells – do these look too small?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I’ve been battling humidity increases since day 7-8; and it just keeps creeping up. Now after my latest candle, I’m worried the outer circle looks too small for day 14. And this is with NO water added to my bator. scratch Short of a dehumidifier, (which I don’t have) how can I bring the R.H. down? Last night it was up to 60% inside there, eep…I had to prop the lid up with an eraser for awhile and the humidity still didn't want to go down. I feel like a mama hen fretting over her nest. So close, yet still so many things that can go wrong… bounce

Day 14 air cells – do these look too small?  Chickenpics2011059

Day 14 air cells – do these look too small?  Chickenpics2011063

Opinions please!

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I just had a similar experience. No water, small air sacs etc. Still had quite a good hatch off the chickens.

Only had one duck hatch out of 3 fertile eggs though. Duck eggs aren't as porous as chicken and I'm thinking they didn't lose enough water.

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

That gives me hope Fowler. Thank you. I really, REALLY want these chicks. Nothing is worst than fully, formed chicks that die just before/during hatch. Sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum