Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

snowed in, in review

+5
SerJay
Hidden River
smokyriver
mirycreek
coopslave
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1snowed in, in review Empty snowed in, in review Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:58 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I couldn't find the cord for my camera and now I have so I will share the last big dump of snow pictures.  I hear we are in for more tomorrow.  Need to get rid of this cold so my lungs can handle more shoveling!!

Before I got the shovel out!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

At least they appreciate my hard work and come out when I am done.

Only 2 roosters in this pen so I left the big snow bank as a wind break.

3 roosters in this pen so they get a bit more shovelled and then a pathway in from the gate.  1 pen has nobody in it and I just leave it.  No where to really put all this snow when it comes!

2snowed in, in review Empty Re: snowed in, in review Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:31 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

wow!  I wonder if you took down the shade cloth the snow would not have stopped up as much.  we both grew up in bc and are still astounded how a  shelter out here in winter just means please stop here snow!
you have my sympathy with all the shovelling..it is so hard to predict where the drifts will pile up..but it is usually where you dont want them.  ;(

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

3snowed in, in review Empty Re: snowed in, in review Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:00 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

We are looking similar to that again!!! We are getting dumped on bad right now and boy it sucks!!

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

4snowed in, in review Empty Re: snowed in, in review Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:14 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

A couple of my pens looked like that too, I have no shade cloth so I think it is more the buildings causing the drifting than yours shade cloth.
We have had 3 days of really warm weather and now we have pools of water everywhere. Hubby is out with the quad right now harrowing the yard to make it rough as we are in for a deep freeze tomorrow and the water turns to a very shiny slick ice...

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

5snowed in, in review Empty Re: snowed in, in review Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:02 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Shovelling Sucks!  Today we had rain and our nearly 2ft of snow melted (into our basement).  Our 2 sump pumps couldn't keep up and our basement is a horrible swampy mess.  I've moved from whine to wine…  My kids have brought the western toad I found in our basement into a "home" so I may have had too much wine and going to have a heck of a mess tomorrow….

6snowed in, in review Empty Re: snowed in, in review Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:03 pm

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I have one thought with one word...ugh!!! Don't miss shoveling one bit - and Crossfield area is madness for unpredictability, I finished high school there and couldn't wait to leave.  I don't envy you one bit... if you need to get away from the snow, drop me a PM and come for a visit! (not kidding!!!)

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

7snowed in, in review Empty Re: snowed in, in review Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:41 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

far out brussle sprout. that looks like work. I am almost down to a whisper in my head as I type this but we have only maybe (at a push) 25cm and NO wind to make any drifts.  What a Face  Drove through Beaverdell today on way to Kelowna, looks a lot like what we have up our hill, -4ish. Always think of you going through there Coopslave  Smile .

8snowed in, in review Empty Re: snowed in, in review Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:00 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh dear, that looks horrendous. We are tipping about 34 accumulated inches now, but only looks like about 12, well except for the snow piles from the machine plowing and man shovel plowing. (I wonder why I keep typing ploughing, but the spell checker says it is wrong, guess it is, smiling). I do not envy anyone with deep snow, as you have and so many others. Just something wrong about that, in my mind. I know that in 2 months, come to the beginning of March, that snow will begin to melt and then I am into pumping out the driveway so we can get home. We get a literal lake on the driveway from runoff from the riding arena, which is a little more high. But that's OK, a few days of pumping thousands of gallons of water off the lake, into a lower place, then things will dry. Just think Coopslave, in a few months, you too, will have that snow gone...take care, and have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

9snowed in, in review Empty Re: snowed in, in review Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:16 pm

Farmer Bob

Farmer Bob
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I bet we don't have more than 2 inches left again in Smithers...we had a bit more...but it rained and rained...now it froze...so a little treacherous out there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum