Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Premier 1 Fencing

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Premier 1 Fencing Empty Premier 1 Fencing Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:01 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I just ordered up some electric poultry fencing from this place, so far I am extremely impressed. Pricing was very reasonable, and I ordered it at 4 pm and it was already shipped by 6:30 pm, should arrive at our friends place in Havre in 3 days. WOW.
So I will give it a try and see how it works, we are hoping to use it for our pastured meat birds this year, if it works well then I will be ordering another setup for my waterfowl for their grow out pen next year.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

2Premier 1 Fencing Empty Re: Premier 1 Fencing Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:41 pm

DLC

I bought a similar product last year from H.H. I know it worked good until one of my goats stuck his head through got a shock and took off with the netting and the posts trailing behind him. Of course it was one of my wilder goats and wasent easy to catch.I just used my electric cattle fencer although it says to buy there energizer pack.The egg sucking cats were getting a good shock as they tried to walk through. I havent put it up yet this year but I plan on it. I will be glad to hear how it works for you. Mine did seem to sag too much between posts but I see premier has a type with extra posts to prevent that.

3Premier 1 Fencing Empty electric fencing Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:30 pm

clucky

New Here

be sure to watch the "how to" video on the Premier 1 website. There are tips to help avoid those sagging fences. Also, make sure you have adequate grounding rods and a big enough energizer. If you're unsure, the Premier staff have always been very helpful with my questions.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]