Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Farmchiq....your avatar!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Farmchiq....your avatar! Empty Farmchiq....your avatar! Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:51 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Are those....turkeys?

2Farmchiq....your avatar! Empty Re: Farmchiq....your avatar! Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:40 pm

Yes I guess they are.  They come by those big gams honestly.  Smile

3Farmchiq....your avatar! Empty Re: Farmchiq....your avatar! Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:52 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

far out brussle sprout!

4Farmchiq....your avatar! Empty Re: Farmchiq....your avatar! Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:59 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I ask you....what CAN'T a turkey do then?

5Farmchiq....your avatar! Empty Re: Farmchiq....your avatar! Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:34 am

Fly? lol

The girl in this picture and I look identical when I was that age, so I love this picture. I would have harnessed up whichever hapless dog we owned at the time, which if memory serves, was a Bassett Hound. What a visual hey?

6Farmchiq....your avatar! Empty Re: Farmchiq....your avatar! Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:22 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

7Farmchiq....your avatar! Empty Re: Farmchiq....your avatar! Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:16 am

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

HigginsRAT wrote:The heritage kind FLY very very well...too well for most.  Shocked

Not "WKRP well" as in commercial bombs from the heavens...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
- Arthur 'Big Guy' Carlson

I laughed so hard I cried when I viewed this episode, it still brings tears to my eyes even today...giddiness just thinking of it.  Sheesh--easily amused, eh?

But they can fly.  cheers

FC...did all of us hitch up our dogs to contraptions to pull us round and about?  Laughing

I find it unsettling to have common traits that stem from childhood, at least ones like that.  The neighbours would call my parents and tell them that my sister and I were being MEAN to our Golden Lab.  Embarassed

When the rare event of SNOW happened in Port Hardy (WEsT Coast), we would hitched him up to our wimpy kiddy sleigh--still got it and it is wimpy!   One of us had to run in front and "call the dog" whilst the other "sorta rode and sorta kept falling OFF" the sled.  Usually we got banged up pretty good, the sleigh would run us over or we'd get rope burn...dog had fun, we survived.     Yeh, I have hilarious visuals to remember too.

Is there something WRONG with us to have similar backgrounds and all be here on a bird list together...has me wondering...  Rolling Eyes

Tara
I liked Les's invisible walls, he was my fav in WKRP  -  a sensitive wee soul :-).  So long since I had even thought about that show.  I like how you are easily amused Tara.  A light heart is wonderful to have.   I never hitched our dogs up to any kind of towing machine (no snow in the far north of NZ but guess I could have made a good buggy with a pram), not sure those two fox terriers (Person and Pucky were their names, a weird and whacky family I come from) would work together as a team or not but my sister sure did dress them up in dolls clothes  -  some of the looks they gave were wilting  -  as if to say I had hoped you would not have to sink this low, this is undignified, I'm a dog for crying in the soup!   Maybe they'd have liked pulling a pram more Laughing

8Farmchiq....your avatar! Empty Re: Farmchiq....your avatar! Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:26 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Farmchiq....your avatar! Empty Re: Farmchiq....your avatar! Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:07 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I call your two turkeys and raise you an alligator!

My favorite WKRPer was Herb Tarlek. Who can forget the ad spot for Red Wrigglers...the Cadillac of worms!

10Farmchiq....your avatar! Empty Re: Farmchiq....your avatar! Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:10 am

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

would a goat wagon see you?

11Farmchiq....your avatar! Empty Re: Farmchiq....your avatar! Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:45 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I think my gator wagon would love to see both a goat and a turkey wagon...if ya know what I mean!

12Farmchiq....your avatar! Empty Re: Farmchiq....your avatar! Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:49 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

13Farmchiq....your avatar! Empty Re: Farmchiq....your avatar! Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:50 am

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

HigginsRAT wrote:My Dog Cart will SEE y'all...for dogs are used as SEEing eye dogs... Shocked
woff woff Razz  double pun intended

14Farmchiq....your avatar! Empty Re: Farmchiq....your avatar! Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:07 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

15Farmchiq....your avatar! Empty Re: Farmchiq....your avatar! Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:13 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Git along little Dawgies! So we have mammals, birds and reptiles all pulling carts. Will anyone come forward with amphibians, fish, or (gasp) insects/arachnids?

16Farmchiq....your avatar! Empty Re: Farmchiq....your avatar! Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:18 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Schipperkesue wrote:Git along little Dawgies!  So we have mammals, birds and reptiles all pulling carts.  Will anyone come forward with amphibians, fish, or (gasp) insects/arachnids?
I must confess I did look for a goldfish pulling a trolley but there was none to be found. When I was a kid I had a book with a chook in it called Blanche who needed a job and she was given the task of carrying a spare cannon ball in a cart made just for the task during world war 2. In all reality that would "never fly" as they say but I looked for a picture of it, sad day, not one to be found :-(.

17Farmchiq....your avatar! Empty Re: Farmchiq....your avatar! Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:29 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well, technically not fish and technically not really 'real' but seems to be my best contribution to the 'something other' category.

I like this one:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum