Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Happy Birthday, Uno

+21
Echo 1
CynthiaM
toybarons
Magdelan
bcboy
coopslave
smokyriver
heda gobbler
SerJay
Hillbilly
Schipperkesue
auntieevil
Prairie Chick
authenticfarm
islandgal99
karona
ipf
HigginsRAT
rosewood
appway
uno
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Happy Birthday, Uno - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:58 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I got a socket set last birthday. But I did want one and didn't know which set would be most useful. Anything I know I want I am VERY particular about and will buy myself, or so DH tells me.

I have also received a dump truck load of crush (very hard to get out here) deposited on the very spot I wanted it most. It sparkled like diamonds in my eyes.

And the first Valentine's gift I received from DH (before he was "H") was a pistol handled shotgun with grizzly (backpack) holster. My brothers decided right then he was the man for me - they couldn't think of a more romantic gift than a shotgun.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

27Happy Birthday, Uno - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:07 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Curmudge all you like Uno. I had to plan and prepare my own 50th party this summer. Doug bought me two t shirts. My favorite is scarlet red, features the character Walter White from "Breaking Bad" with the phrase, "I Am The Danger" inscribed beneath. Well, he at least got the last part right.

28Happy Birthday, Uno - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:36 am

lanaire-ranching

lanaire-ranching
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Happy belated Birthday Uno!! I am terribly sorry I missed this yesterday!
clown  I hope you had a wonderful day...

I think I must of been a Valentines baby too (or close to it ahaha)

one year I got a pair of mittens. nice ones. I wouldnt of been so grumpy except for the note that said I didnt want your hands to get cold while YOU did chores Suspect 

actually in 13 or so years, I have maybe gotten three or four birthday gifts and about that many christmas ones. Last year I got a gun cleaning kit for christmas. yup. (okay I DID want one, but ....) here is the kicker. I didnt even have a gun because I had just sold mine to buy his scope for his hunting rifle. SO he bought me a cleaning kit so I could clean HIS GUN. Suspect 

29Happy Birthday, Uno - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:38 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

The presents I like best are the practical ones. The load of beautiful river gravel, a lovely DeWalt tablesaw, a log splitter and long extension cord, a remote car starter ... these are some of my favourite gifts that my husband has given me.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

30Happy Birthday, Uno - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:19 am

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I am now convinced you are a liar, you don't look a day older than 26. Happy birthday enjoy it, because you will be older again tomorrow and the day after and the day after.......

31Happy Birthday, Uno - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:40 pm

'lilfarm

'lilfarm

Happy Birthday Uno! Women are just hitting their stride at 50 so look out people, you ain't seen nothing yet. ha ha ha. Nice to see I'm in good company getting such practical gifts (except for the gun cleaning kit to clean hubby's gun Shocked )
Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

32Happy Birthday, Uno - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:37 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

33Happy Birthday, Uno - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:28 pm

authenticfarm wrote:The presents I like best are the practical ones. The load of beautiful river gravel, a lovely DeWalt tablesaw, a log splitter and long extension cord, a remote car starter ... these are some of my favourite gifts that my husband has given me.
What ?? All these years of gold necklaces , diamond rings , expensive perfumes , etc etc when I could have gotten away with something useful that "" we "" could have both enjoyed ???? No one told me !!!

34Happy Birthday, Uno - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:33 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hey, I don't speak for your wife. I am just the extra awesome kind of wife who thinks jewellery, perfume and shoes are stupid. I have also never had a mani, a pedi, or fake anything.

He did buy my engagement ring. I gave him heck because he picked a solitaire, and I would have preferred a plain band. Don't wear it, anyway. Need my hands for WORKING.

35Happy Birthday, Uno - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:30 pm

authenticfarm wrote:Hey, I don't speak for your wife. I am just the extra awesome kind of wife who thinks jewellery, perfume and shoes are stupid. I have also never had a mani, a pedi, or fake anything.

He did buy my engagement ring. I gave him heck because he picked a solitaire, and I would have preferred a plain band. Don't wear it, anyway. Need my hands for WORKING.
O I never minded , I picked the type of women that I liked and she married me so ? A bit of maintenance , but all good Very Happy

36Happy Birthday, Uno - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:24 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

heda gobbler wrote:I got a socket set last birthday.  But I did want one and didn't know which set would be most useful. Anything I know I want I am VERY particular about and will buy myself, or so DH tells me.

I have also received a dump truck load of crush (very hard to get out here) deposited on the very spot I wanted it most.  It sparkled like diamonds in my eyes.

And the first Valentine's gift I received from DH (before he was "H") was a pistol handled shotgun with grizzly (backpack) holster.  My brothers decided right then he was the man for me - they couldn't think of a more romantic gift than a shotgun.
thay sounds like an interesting gun...do you have a pic by chance?

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

37Happy Birthday, Uno - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:16 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Pistol grip shotgun -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We have one as well. I haven't tried it yet, but my husband says it's not terribly accurate - okay for close range, though. It looks like a mean little unit, anyway.

38Happy Birthday, Uno - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:28 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yup, that's basically it. It's for meeting angry sow grizzlies when I am crawling around in the bush looking for new calves. Point blank range makes accuracy less important. Also used for taking down crack houses, or so husband tells me. Not something I do a lot, but I did see my exact gun (Winchester Defender, pistol grip) on a tv show taking down a crack house.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

39Happy Birthday, Uno - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:49 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote="authenticfarm"]my husband says it's not terribly accurate quote]

I don't think that is the idea behind them! Laughing 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum