Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Happy Birthday, Uno

+21
Echo 1
CynthiaM
toybarons
Magdelan
bcboy
coopslave
smokyriver
heda gobbler
SerJay
Hillbilly
Schipperkesue
auntieevil
Prairie Chick
authenticfarm
islandgal99
karona
ipf
HigginsRAT
rosewood
appway
uno
25 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Happy Birthday, Uno Empty Happy Birthday, Uno Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:20 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am officially an old person!

Normally I don't have my birthday posted. But today I am feeling particularly sorry for myself and need all the sympathy, or wise words, or shut-up cause it's only getting worse, that I can get.

Now that I'm an old curmudgeon, I warn you, my crankiness is going to go way up! Neutral 

2Happy Birthday, Uno Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:36 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Just remember we are like Fine wine We get Better with age Happy Birthday Uno

3Happy Birthday, Uno Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:49 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Happy Birthday. Welcome to being able to order from the senor's menu.

4Happy Birthday, Uno Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:17 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

5Happy Birthday, Uno Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:27 pm

ipf

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Very rude!! 50 is NOT old.

6Happy Birthday, Uno Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:33 pm

karona

karona
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Happy Birthday UNO
Hope you have a wonderful day
full of joy and happiness.
Enough to keep you from
being to cranky for a while.

7Happy Birthday, Uno Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:48 pm

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Old is a state of mind...I've seen people who are 80 enjoy each day more than most who are 30. Life is what you make it. You are beautiful, smart and have another 50 ahead to look forward to, or even more if you're going to be like me and pee off my kids and live to 120.

So happy birthday, and may it the best day of your life so far!!! Because you deserve it. Smile

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

8Happy Birthday, Uno Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:23 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Happy birthday, you cranky old broad. Wink

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

9Happy Birthday, Uno Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:29 pm

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

Happy Birthday Uno

10Happy Birthday, Uno Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:40 pm

auntieevil

auntieevil
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Whoa, pushing 60 now!
Have a happy day.
Oh sorry, HAVE A HAPPY DAY!
clown 

11Happy Birthday, Uno Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:07 pm

Happy Birthday , just the first hill , enjoy the slid down and get ready for the next , and the next , and the next etc etc

12Happy Birthday, Uno Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:10 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well, since you don't mention your age but say you are old, I am assuming you turned 90. Hope you have your will made out.

13Happy Birthday, Uno Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:49 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Are you trying to tell us you can get crankier? iyiyi.
I hope your day was as enjoyable as someone like yourself deserves.

14Happy Birthday, Uno Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:07 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Happy Birthday Uno I hope you have a lovely day and if all else fails go hang out with your webby feets they'll love your company, cranky or not Smile  Hugging a horse helps lots too or if all else fails drunken

15Happy Birthday, Uno Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:34 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Happy Birthday!

The Senior Menu at Denny's is clear, you can't order from it until you are 55!!!

So go crazy, get a Moon Over My Hammy on me!!

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

16Happy Birthday, Uno Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:06 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

U aren't old yet!! I always tell dad u are only old when you are past 100! We just feel that way some days. Birthdays are just a number to me. Happy birthday. Hugs to you even if you are cranky! Lol

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

17Happy Birthday, Uno Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:20 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hope you had a great day Uno! I know everyone says age is just a state of mind, but I have a big one coming up next year that I am not to keen on either!!!

Tell Hubby I said if you didn't get spoiled today, he needs to spoil you tomorrow.

18Happy Birthday, Uno Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:52 pm

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

19Happy Birthday, Uno Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:47 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Happy birthday Uno.

20Happy Birthday, Uno Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:01 pm

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Have a great B-Day and remember. It all goes to hell from here, so might as well enjoy the ride. Unless of course that was your last B-Day then well....you already know. Twisted Evil 

21Happy Birthday, Uno Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:39 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

THank you all and bless you all for giving me a chuckle.

ipf outed me when she so harshly called me rude for saying 50 is old. Well, it's the oldest I've ever been!

I have to chuckle (or I might cry). Talked to long time girlfriend tonight. Have known each other since grade 8! For her 50th birthday, which is coming up in 2 days, her Hub is taking her to Costa Rica for two weeks of foreign adventure. She asked me what I got from Hub for my birthday. Uh, well...he went to the feed store on Saturday. He bought 2 bags of lay pellets, one bag of alfalfa cubes, those round earrings over there and a plastic shit fork replacement. He went shopping, for my 50th birthday, AT THE FEED STORE! affraid 

I can laugh, or I can cry. I choose curmudgeon, which is to do neither but glare disapprovingly. Thank Gordon the sugar high from all this cake will prevent anyone from being harmed. AT least until tomorrow. Thank you everyone, I hope to spend many more years chatting with you all as we tap out our messages about birds, beasts and everything else.

22Happy Birthday, Uno Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:23 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well, happy late birthday wish (you too Tara, didn't know about either of you), ya, 50 ain't nuthin'. Wait til ya's see 60, then that is a whole different kettle of fish. You get paid by the government an amount, called the Canada Pension Plan. That was bonus when I turned 60. Had heard it said for many years that it would be all used up and this pension plan of the government would be gone. It's not. Living proof, it is still here. Happy birthday girls! And have another wonderful day, CynthiaM.

23Happy Birthday, Uno Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:50 am

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!  I however must insist that you not refer to yourself as "Old"  or I must be as well.... or I will be NEXT birthday.  As for the gift giving.... our anniversary and my birthday are 2 days apart........  one year hubby bought me a pile of dirt for one and an old .22 for the other.  After being the recipient of such dazzling, thoughtful, generosity I had absolutely no choice but to immediately purchase him a lovely set of wrought iron patio furniture.  It was the PERFECT way to say thank you!

24Happy Birthday, Uno Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:26 am

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Echo 1 wrote:HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!  I however must insist that you not refer to yourself as "Old"  or I must be as well.... or I will be NEXT birthday.  As for the gift giving.... our anniversary and my birthday are 2 days apart........  one year hubby bought me a pile of dirt for one and an old .22 for the other.  After being the recipient of such dazzling, thoughtful, generosity I had absolutely no choice but to immediately purchase him a lovely set of wrought iron patio furniture.  It was the PERFECT way to say thank you!
I totally enjoy you guys and girls.  so glad you all insist that 50 is not old.  our society is so ageist, it sucks a kumara (sweet potato) and from the day we are born we begin planning our lives so we can retire and then climb into a hole in the ground.  I find this unacceptable.  We don't celebrate age in our family, we try to celebrate we were born to have this life of adventure and wisdom which just happens to have a strong correlation with age but they aren't necessarily dependent on one another.  In my book if you made it through the raising up of teenager(s) without killing them (whether or not you got bruised emotionally enough to require time out in the psych ward  -  that is irrelevant, if the kid lives then that works for me) then you are automatically sainted and I honor the ground you walk upon.   Laughing  I guess it is pretty good if they make it through without killing themselves, in which case they will have a little wisdom tucked away in their back pocket too!  

That seemed a fitting exchange Echo 1 Cool . I'd be happy with those exchanges and also just as happy with a truckload of booty from the feed store. Best wishes once again Uno. In about three months I'd really go for the trip to Costa Rica!

25Happy Birthday, Uno Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Uno Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:45 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

DIrt and a .22? That is SO something the HUb has done, not exactly, but close. Once I got metric wrenches. Yup. Always (never) wanted a set of those.

IN his defense, it's not like either of us run around pining for things, wishing and longing for the earrings in the feed store. If I really want the earrings, I go buy them. Hub claims that it is hard to buy for me. Partly, it is. Partly it's because I buy my own stuff. Largely that is because when I have looked at the man in the past and said, "There is a very nice set of dishes in The Bay that I am coveting, take the kid, because she knows which ones they are, and buy them for me." He hears "Go straight to Sears, buy those metric wrenches that he wants, give them to wife and then act surprised when she gives them back to you in the form of a concussion." He has set up a life where I am hard to buy for by consistently buying things that are UTTERLY WRONG!

Oh well. Sometimes a pile of good dirt and an old gun are pretty exciting too.

Happy Bday to all other November babies. 9 months back it was Valentines Day! Did you know that?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum