Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ameraucana rooster doesn't crow?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ameraucana rooster doesn't crow? Empty Ameraucana rooster doesn't crow? Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:36 am

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

When we first got Tony (anthony) he and ruth both beautiful ameraucana's were super happy. We heard him crow a lot. Then we moved all the boys in together into a buck pen...and just recently i moved him out with the main flock. He is so mellow...goes to bed first...and we have not heard him crow at all. I saw a couple of hens take after him when he first was introduced at bedtime...and now after two weeks..e still haven't heard him crow.
So:: question....is it too much for him to have all these girls around?
what do you think about his not crowing. We thought about moving one more rooster in with the bunch once the big house is done (two weeks)

2Ameraucana rooster doesn't crow? Empty Re: Ameraucana rooster doesn't crow? Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:44 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

3Ameraucana rooster doesn't crow? Empty Re: Ameraucana rooster doesn't crow? Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:57 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I agree with Tara, just overwhelmed and feeling out of his element. Betcha when spring rolls around with all those girls there he will be crowing up a storm.
Do you know how many people are envious of you having the beauty of a cockerel but not having the crow! Laughing 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum