Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Australorp

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Australorp Empty Australorp Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:34 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

A very good discussion of the Australorp in the country of it's origin.  Just an interesting read.  As cautioned before, you may need to login to view.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Australorp Empty Re: Australorp Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:03 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hi Coopslave

thanks for posting that link.  Liked looking through that thread and will look more for early photos of the breed.  I wonder if Bill (my roo) could do with tighter feathers but he's still young yet and winter is on the rise ya ya ya.  Those Ausies would sure know their birds given that they created the breed Cool .  I am becoming more and more fond of Bill Wyman for his personality mostly, such a really nice chap, not sure if his conformation is good or not but he sure is pretty to my untrained eye.  Only 4 months old I think.  He has two purebred wives and one is often found by him even though he is not behaving like a rooster at all (as far as I can tell, who knows what quiet soft murmerings and poetry he speaks to them when I'm not looking  -  think I need "barn-cam" to spy on them Suspect ).  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

3Australorp Empty Re: Australorp Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:09 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

They are a lovely breed. Hubby loved the hen I had in Australia and he is not a chook guy.
You fellow has the dark eye and the green sheen, give him some time to grow up and fill out.
They usually have a great temperament too.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum