Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

You all need to step up!

+3
heda gobbler
authenticfarm
coopslave
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1You all need to step up! Empty You all need to step up! Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:29 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I don't have TV right now. Hubby is working late with the new job and harvest in full swing. You all need to step up as you are my only entertainment in the evenings until he gets home! Laughing 

I think I need to get a job......I am enjoying just hangin' with the animals though.....

2You all need to step up! Empty Re: You all need to step up! Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3You all need to step up! Empty Re: You all need to step up! Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:39 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks PrairieD.
If I have WiFi do I have to worry about using up all their internet?  I have been worried they are going to get a big bill.  They supply and told us it was WiFi.

4You all need to step up! Empty Re: You all need to step up! Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:44 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Want me to send you photos of my new PChants and you can play judge? Heehee.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

5You all need to step up! Empty Re: You all need to step up! Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:53 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

authenticfarm wrote:Want me to send you photos of my new PChants and you can play judge? Heehee.
Sure, as much value as that would have! Laughing 

6You all need to step up! Empty Re: You all need to step up! Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:10 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

If it's any comfort, we have tv and there is NOTHING ON.

I check the local kijiji ads, I've joined twitter (good for a day or so...), read the junk on buzzfeed (as you can see from my link about strange dog breeds).

But I really should be doing paperwork- A pile of it is sitting here beside me on the sofa. Sigh.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

7You all need to step up! Empty Re: You all need to step up! Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:15 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Heda, did you see all my Lamb posts for you??????  We are really enjoying them!!!!

Very sorry to hear you have paper work. I have NONE to do!!! Banana  It feels so good to be done with that awful job we left!!!!!!

8You all need to step up! Empty Re: You all need to step up! Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:20 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

My 17 yr old just showed me a very amature homemade youtube video. Its made of clips from Lord of the Rings and its called "Taking the Hobbits to Isengard". Actually pretty funny, but it loops and apparently goes on for 10 straight hours! So there is a time waster for you! The only problem is you'd need to spend time in the loony bin after watching it for more than 10 minutes. Id be afraid to find out what would happen after 10 hours... cyclops

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

9You all need to step up! Empty Re: You all need to step up! Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:23 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh no, I'll have to go and find that thread. Glad you liked the lamb - we love it and always regret if I sell them all (I didn't this year). I generally wait until the lamb is 14 - 16 months so it is back on new green grass in the spring and a little bigger before they go to the butcher. But earlier is great too (just smaller). I was away for a few days at meetings. Hence all the paperwork. That's why I missed the thread.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

10You all need to step up! Empty Re: You all need to step up! Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:23 pm

coopslave wrote:Thanks PrairieD.
If I have WiFi do I have to worry about using up all their internet?  I have been worried they are going to get a big bill.  They supply and told us it was WiFi.
Nah ..........just hit play and enjoy

11You all need to step up! Empty Re: You all need to step up! Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:25 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Coopslave, write us a long post at about what brought you to Alberta. I am dying to know...and grateful as well because you are CLOSER,

And remember that dog show is two weekends away!

12You all need to step up! Empty Re: You all need to step up! Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:26 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:Coopslave, write us a long post at about what brought you to Alberta.  I am dying to know...and grateful as well because you are CLOSER,
Yes yes yes!

13You all need to step up! Empty Re: You all need to step up! Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:37 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

What, you want me to do the work!! No, no, no this is not how it works. You MUST entertain me because I demand it!
Can you tell I am into the wine? 9:30 and still no hubby..

Really the whole AB thing is easy. Last boss was a jerk, tried for almost 3 1/2 years to help him. Loved the place, neighbours, area, all of it but just could not put up with him any more.
These people have kept in contact with us over the years and said when you are ready we would really love to have you. So when the straw, well you know, we called them and here we are. It is actually a very prestigious place and will look really good on Hubby's resume. The house is really a bonus and Learning Assistant jobs are looking reasonable in the area. Will see if they like me or not, but I am happy to do casual work. People on the ranch really want me to work there, but I am leery after the last few years. I like to work for nothing on the ranches, when I have time, because I enjoy it not because I HAVE to. I love the horse and cattle work and when I do it for nothing I can pick the jobs. Wink 
I have major misgivings about the weather. I told Hubby when we came back to Canada, under no circumstances were we moving to AB and look where we are. And it was me that pushed him. He was not sure at first. We will see how it works out. I am worried the horse thing is going to be tough. There is an indoor very close that the people that own it do cutting but it is expensive even for a drive in usage for the month. Not sure how in the weather here I will have my boy ready for showing in the spring. I suppose where there is a will there is a way....

Does that answer your questions???

14You all need to step up! Empty Re: You all need to step up! Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:45 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Questions answered, and as for the weather, it only gets really cold a few nights a year down there. On the bright side you will have a great garden and be able to grow corn. Lots of sun and dry cold winters will be happy winters. Soon it will be spring, glorious spring and you will come to love Alberta.

15You all need to step up! Empty Re: You all need to step up! Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:46 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

coopslave, I bet if you make some friends in the area, you can find an arena for free/cheap. There are lots of cutters in that part of the country, you shouldn't have too much trouble! It's been a long time since I lived down that way, so my old contacts are probably useless to you, but I would imagine there's still lots going on.

16You all need to step up! Empty Re: You all need to step up! Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:47 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:Questions answered, and as for the weather, it only gets really cold a few nights a year down there.  On the bright side you will have a great garden and be able to grow corn.  Lots of sun and dry cold winters will be happy winters.  Soon it will be spring, glorious spring and you will come to love Alberta.
Hope so Sue, really hope so.....

17You all need to step up! Empty Re: You all need to step up! Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:50 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sue has it right. You are living in prime chinook country; not too many days of cold before a chinook blows in and melts all the snow and the temps get above zero. The downside is the wind, but hey, it beats MY winters!

18You all need to step up! Empty Re: You all need to step up! Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:10 pm

Buff

Buff

Hi coopslave I'm a friend of authentic I know quite a few riding arenas down south as I use to live down there and I ride in reining. I know some in cutters and reined cow horse people. I could give you some contacts depending on the area your in if you like.

19You all need to step up! Empty Re: You all need to step up! Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:11 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Buff to the rescue!

20You all need to step up! Empty Re: You all need to step up! Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:14 pm

Buff

Buff

Very Happy
I know what it's like moving somewhere new and not knowing anybody and wanting to ride. Very therapeutic hehehe

Last edited by Buff on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

21You all need to step up! Empty Re: You all need to step up! Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:14 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Buff wrote:Hi coopslave I'm a friend of authentic I know quite a few riding arenas down south as I use to live down there and I ride in reining. I know some in cutters and reined cow horse people. I could give you some contacts depending on the area your in if you like.
Would be great, thank you kindly!

22You all need to step up! Empty Re: You all need to step up! Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:21 pm

Buff

Buff

I sent you a message coopslave

23You all need to step up! Empty not a video but should get a laugh Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:25 pm

karona

karona
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

So I am not a big farmer or rancher just a little hobby farm.
But over the years I have written a few stories down.
Thought I would share this one to give you chuckle.

Years ago in Kelowna when we had goats, we had a variety of breeds.
One particular goat we called bitchy (can not remember her real name) she was an alpine.
Have never liked that breed since we had her.

Well one day it was time to trim goat hooves.
So hubby, myself and both boys about ages 10 and 12 go out to the goat house.
I am in charge of the door. Goats are outside in the pen.
The plan is for me to let one in through the door then the guys will catch, hold and trim.
First goat goes fine.
But now bitchy what's to know what the hecks going on in the building cause there could be grain.
So picture this I am (short round person) facing the door and the door opens into the building.
I open the door for the next goat and bitchy forces her way through the door between my legs, lifting me off my feet.
I am now riding the goat facing backwards.
She is so frantic to find if there is grain being feed she runs several laps around the inside of the building.
I am screaming stop, stop while reaching around pulling on her ears.
Hubby and the boys have fallen against the wall because they are laughing so hard they can hardly stand.
They allow several more laps around before they decide they had better get me off the goat.
I wish they had pissed their pants from laughing but no such luck.
Never did like that goat.

Now every time you need a laugh just close your eyes and picture a short round pissed off redhead riding a goat backward pulling on the ears screaming stop, stop.

24You all need to step up! Empty Re: You all need to step up! Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:29 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hmmm...perhaps Coopie should sell her cutting horse and buy an Alpine goat.

25You all need to step up! Empty Re: You all need to step up! Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:34 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks you Karona, I hate to laugh at your expense, but I have! Laughing 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum