Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Armstrong B.C - IPE Fair Show

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Armstrong B.C - IPE Fair Show Empty Armstrong B.C - IPE Fair Show Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:38 pm

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I had the pleasure of judging the poultry and waterfowl at the IPE fair in  Armstrong yesterday and had to comment on the quality of birds entered. The show was a joy to judge as there were some really good classes of birds. To name a few the Chantecler, Orpingtons, Australorps, Shamos in the large fowl were outstanding and the owners of these birds should be proud of themselves as many were in show condition and picking Large Fowl Champion could have gone a couple ways. With the White Chantecler cockerel being Champion and the Shamo Cock being Res. Ch. Large Fowl

As well the bantam classes were very strong with my Show Champion being a D'Uccle cock Porclein colored, an exceptional bird in perfect condition. Res. Show Ch. was a Silver Sebright Cock

The Waterfowl had very strong classes with my Ch and Res. Ch. being 2 Indian Runner Ducks on a White and a Penciled. I would have brought either home as a keeper of a flock of Runners.

So the owners of these birds are to be congratulated but also the many breeders from this area that have worked hard to get birds that meet the requirements in the Standard of Perfection into the hands of many of these owners. Good job everyone. I believe they were over 350 birds and my job was made easier by having quality birds to judge.

Now hoping to see all these birds at our Annual show on Sept. 28th 2013
Entries close Sept. 13th and details can be found on the club website at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  
Hope to see you all there.

Heather

http://www.triple-h.ca

2Armstrong B.C - IPE Fair Show Empty Re: Armstrong B.C - IPE Fair Show Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:08 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

viczoe wrote: I would have brought either home as a keeper of a flock of Runners.

Heather
To hear this compliment from a judge of any species of animal is high praise. Gad you had so much fun, Heather!

3Armstrong B.C - IPE Fair Show Empty Re: Armstrong B.C - IPE Fair Show Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:53 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Nice, it must be a pleasure when one is judging birds of high quality, and also a difficult task I would imagine too. Haven't got to the IPE yet, but maybe today, still don't know though. Congratulations to all that brought birds and to those that took awards, yay!! So...September 28, I do have a few cockerels and pullets in mind that I will enter. Haven't entered a show since the year before last, so could be a lot of fun to get things ready. Nice post, Heather, by the way, have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

4Armstrong B.C - IPE Fair Show Empty Re: Armstrong B.C - IPE Fair Show Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:25 am

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

What is happening on Sept 28?

5Armstrong B.C - IPE Fair Show Empty Re: Armstrong B.C - IPE Fair Show Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:55 am

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks Heather
It is nice to hear a Judge make those Compliments glad you were presented nice birds
You did not have to post this so I want to thank you for sharing what you thought of the birds
Hopefully people will post Pictures of the winning Birds
Joe

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum