Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

puncture wound

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1puncture wound Empty puncture wound Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:54 pm

vic's chicks

I stepped on a hawthorn branch when I was feeding the chickens this morning. One of the spikes went through my sandal and into the ball of my foot. This afternoon it is still pretty sore. I am worried that there was chicken poop on the bottom of my shoe and that it didn't bleed. I just went through 2 rounds of antibiotics for hogweed burns so I am a little paranoid. I haven't had a tetanus shot for about 15 years.

2puncture wound Empty Re: puncture wound Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:34 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Soak your foot in salted water. Dry well then gob honey onto/into the puncture wound. Do not lick your foot.

3puncture wound Empty Re: puncture wound Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:42 pm

LOL.  I second not licking your foot.

Oregano oil is particularly useful with puncture wounds.

Hedd Wynn Essentials
It's an effective first aid treatment for venomous bites of all varieties including bees, snakes and spiders. Oregano oil is also useful for preventing infection from animal bites and other puncture wounds. It reduces inflammation and stops the pain associated with bites and stings. Apply directly to stings or bites. The oil will penetrate into the wound and neutralize toxins and pathogens. Take a few drops internally to amplify the effect.

4puncture wound Empty Re: puncture wound Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:48 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

can someone else lick the foot?

5puncture wound Empty Re: puncture wound Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:48 pm

Hillbilly wrote:can someone else lick the foot?
Hmm.. good question. Uno?

6puncture wound Empty Re: puncture wound Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:18 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Keep an eye on it, and get a tetanus shot. I would bandage it up with some polysporin.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum