Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

6 chicks! Large Fowl Black Cochin

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

16 chicks!  Large Fowl Black Cochin Empty 6 chicks! Large Fowl Black Cochin Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:30 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

These are from Joe Mazur's stock. They are just over a month old. $15 each or all for $80.

26 chicks!  Large Fowl Black Cochin Empty Re: 6 chicks! Large Fowl Black Cochin Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:32 am

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I could add these to my flock as mine are all the daughters of my rooster.  Any dog shows out this way?

Last edited by rosewood on Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

36 chicks!  Large Fowl Black Cochin Empty Re: 6 chicks! Large Fowl Black Cochin Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:41 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Alas no!

46 chicks!  Large Fowl Black Cochin Empty Re: 6 chicks! Large Fowl Black Cochin Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:50 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

I can bet my bottom dollar that these are very nice chicks. This line Shipperkesue speaks of is tried and true. A lovely addition to anyone's flock. Hope you sell these nicely Sue, if I was closer, I would trade ya some, smiling....have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

56 chicks!  Large Fowl Black Cochin Empty Re: 6 chicks! Large Fowl Black Cochin Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:09 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

CYnthiaM, I think you might get some of our own. I think. Mr. Mazur lives in our area.

When I first got into chickens and knew nothing, someone gave me his name and number and I called him out of the blue. I had a sick chicken, VERY sick, it was the kid's pet chicken, of course. I phoned this fellow and he listened and said it sounds like coryza. He was right. I phoned him a few more times over the years for chicken advice. I have him in my phone book under C, for Chicken Guy.

It wasn't until years later on chicken sites I made the connection that it was Mr. Mazur I was talking to. I think he's a dairyman who keeps chickens. But someone else on this site cleared that up and explained that he is a chicken man who keeps dairy cattle! Get it right. I have never met him, but he was very kind to help me when I needed guidance.

His birds have a very solid reputation. Lucky Sue!

66 chicks!  Large Fowl Black Cochin Empty Re: 6 chicks! Large Fowl Black Cochin Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:08 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sue's cochins did indeed come from the North Okanagan, but the breeder seldom sells any of his stock. CythiaM already has two hens from this stock as the two hens I sold her earlier this year come from the same source. I'm interested in the 6 that Sue is selling because I need another rooster. I really don't have room until late September when the meat birds move to the freezer for more chickens.

76 chicks!  Large Fowl Black Cochin Empty Re: 6 chicks! Large Fowl Black Cochin Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:48 am

rollonbob

New Here

where are you located?

86 chicks!  Large Fowl Black Cochin Empty Re: 6 chicks! Large Fowl Black Cochin Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:00 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am an hour SW of Edmonton.

I am driving to Vegreville this Saturday.

96 chicks!  Large Fowl Black Cochin Empty Re: 6 chicks! Large Fowl Black Cochin Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:03 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh, and my husband drives to Nisku each weekday.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum