Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FOR SALE - Buff Orpington Breeding Group (AB)

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Hey Everyone,

I have decided that I want to part with my Breeding Flock of Buff Opringtons.
They are over 1 year old, I purchased them from KathyS last year as young chicks.
And have grown them out, here at my place. They are not show quality, but I have shown a few of the hens and they are still very good quality birds.

I believe honesty is the best policy....
This group is looking rough, the hens need a break from the rooster as they are barebacked due to aggressive breeding. I have not been able to separate them, they get rather distressed when not together as a group. I didn't get saddles to protect the backs, my bad.
The hens I have noticed they have been pulling out the tail feathers and neck feathers on the rooster as well, but are not eating them. Rooster's comb damaged by frost bite / fighting.

Other then their scruffy and ruffed up appearance, they are healthy otherwise.
VERY lively & energetic.
The hens lay a very good sized light brown egg!

Asking $125.00 (Sold as a Group Only)
Here are some pics of the Scruffy Bunch

FOR SALE - Buff Orpington Breeding Group (AB) IMG_3918

FOR SALE - Buff Orpington Breeding Group (AB) IMG_3917

FOR SALE - Buff Orpington Breeding Group (AB) IMG_3911

Last edited by Jonny Anvil on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

SOLD!!

Pending pickup!

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Buff O's were my "third" breed but I just couldn't stand how rough the rooster was with his hens. And the hens were such good layers and such good mothers. I think those soft fluffy feathers are their downfall. Nice birds! Glad they found a good home!

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

It really didn't take long, I also posted them for sale on Facebook.
Smile

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Nice when that happens!

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Glad you found a buyer, Jonny, I can imagine, with all their feathers on they are beautiful. Right now they are now, especially that poor rooster dude, what the heck, bad girls, they should not be pecking like that, they shoulda had a spankin'....smiling. Bet they look really nice when the feathers grow back in. KathyS does have nice buffs, seen good pictures of that. So, I am in the same boat, but not near as rough. My dude loves the girls, not quite as rough as yours cause mine mostly all have saddles, but some had rough spots and feathers missing. I think it is the soft, soft, soft feathers of the breed. Not those breeds that have less fluffy feathers and tightly to the body may help to keep feathers in tact. I am thinking of cutting my roosters spurs right off Shocked Shocked pirat . Had a cochin once broke one off, it only bled, from what I could see for a bit, before I discovered it. I have tried to cllip and dremel them, but they grow back so fast. Gonna try the hot potato thing and get them more blunt me thinks. Am I hijacking this thread, oh my pardon, please, I just have to type things as I think or they get lost in my mind somewhere....have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Back up for Sale!!!
Buyer backed out.

Asking $125.00 Firm Serious Inquires only please.

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Bump!

I am Open to offers!

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Jonny You dont Know anyone Making a Trip To Sask Do you ?
I have someone that might be interested They will be here in a Bit to look at some pics I had someone email so I will ask him

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Not that I know of...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum