Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sudden death of Saxony drake with.....odd finding

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Giddyup

Giddyup

Hi all, it's been awhile!!!
I heard fuss in the coop early this morning, nothing to worry about much, just the broody girls announcing that they are leaving the nest, or whathaveyou. I checked this morning and our year old drake was dead. Absolutely no signs of feathers, blood or injury, except his penis was out and when I picked him out the testes slipped out if they weren't already. Hernia? Lust till you bust? Or a fight with the older drake?
Just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this before, thx

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Maybe heart attack? And he died happy?? Sorry. Don't know.

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Nice to see you around Giddyup. Smile Sorry about your drake, but at least he went out with a bang. tongue ok, that was bad, sorry. lol if I had to guess I'd say heart attack...??

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Sorry to hear you lost your young fella.  Can't be any help but it sounds like it could have been any of those things.  I agree with the other 2 at least he was doing what drakes enjoy most before he passed....

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have heard that some hens will pull on their penis before they extract it back up inside, with the testicle out as well that would be my guess.
So possibly a heart attack, or shock from the injury?

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum