Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My list of Most Wanted Chickens... please help with a link or email address!

+3
CynthiaM
progers
poultryplus
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

poultryplus

poultryplus
New Here

Date Listed 30-May-13
Price Please contact
Location Kamloops
Offered By Owner
My son wants hens and or Roster, chicks or hatching eggs of the following breeds:

1.Speckled Sussex
2. Silver Laced Cochin (or any laced color)
3. Black or White Langshan
4. White Cochin
5. Faverolles (salmon or any other)
6. Barnevelder
7. True Araucana (Blue Egg)

We will pay top dollar,

Please respond via email with a phone number to call, possible.

Thanks much

progers

I can help with gold laced Cochin,salmon faverolle, and speckled Sussex. But would have to find a ride.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

I hope that you can find what you are looking for. You say you will pay top dollar, so, that being said, please be very careful when you are offered (and I am not speaking about "progers", not referring to you -- please understand this) birds. Wishing to pay top dollar indicates that you would like nice birds, ones that will do you and your family well, for years to come. Do your homework to find out how the birds have been raised, if the lines are pretty nice and the person selling you stock is honest and will do you well, the day that you buy the birds and the years to follow. Sometimes there are people around that sell crap birds, claiming that they are good. Important to do the homework before entering into an agreement. Just some words from someone that is not wise, but has been around and knows a few things about things, enough to make me dangerous Embarassed . There have been some people I know burned recently with purchases of fowl, be that eggs, chicks, adults, and have been very disappointed. I cannot and will not divulge any names, but these things have been happening fairly close to home. Good luck, wish you well, do your homework please....have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

I am not even sure if I should actually send this post, but am compelled, so I will push that button that connects me to the world Smile

Last edited by CynthiaM on Thu May 30, 2013 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Good for you CynthiaM!

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yes, well said Cynthia!
I applaud you for speaking up on behalf of those looking for good stock. This was a very good reminder of buyer beware. Do your homework. Ask the breeder for some hard facts...how long have they been working with this breed? What are average weights of the breeders. Do any faults tend to show up in the line, ie crooked toes, incorrect combs etc. Are there any health problems present? Does the breeder vaccinate for anything and if so, why? If they claim their birds are show quality, what shows have they placed well in recently? How are laying rates? etc, etc, etc.

Last edited by KathyS on Thu May 30, 2013 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

progers

I agree with these post. All sellers should give buyers full disclosure. My stock comes from some very reputable breeders. Jonny Anvil, Briarwood & Kathy S. I don't show because my weekends are spent umping baseball or reffing one of 3 sports (vollyball,basketball&hockey) sometimes all 3 on same weekend. Last year I built 6 new runs and have started 8 more thus year, also have a 120ft barn which is heated in the winter. I believe a unhappy customer is like a cancer that can destroy you but a happy one is like a smile that chases away the clouds and warms your heart. This said I make every effort to make my customers happy ,to my knowledge I have done so if not please let me know.

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

well said cynthia! breeders should be able to tell you what lines their originated from ect ect, and always ask for photos of the adult stock if they dont have any up, thats why i have lots of pictures on my website/ facebook so people can see what they are buying from.

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

SucellusFarms

SucellusFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I have Ameraucanas. The hens are true blue (blue & splash), the rooster is 3/4 blue, 1/4 blue wheaton (he is a splash with some red on shoulders). Eggs are $18/doz. Chicks are $4 ea. Hens came from Hidden River, original roo from Heidi Shuster's daughter. I have a daughter in Kamloops, so sometimes I can take or send them up.

http://www.sucellusfarms.ca

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

SucellusFarms wrote:I have Ameraucanas. The hens are true blue (blue & splash), the rooster is 3/4 blue, 1/4 blue wheaton (he is a splash with some red on shoulders). Eggs are $18/doz. Chicks are $4 ea. Hens came from Hidden River, original roo from Heidi Shuster's daughter. I have a daughter in Kamloops, so sometimes I can take or send them up.

Nice. Hidden and Heidi have nice birds and Heidi's Daughter is carrying on with the work her Mamma is doing. Reputable both. Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

SucellusFarms

SucellusFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Yes, Cynthia, I like them very much.

http://www.sucellusfarms.ca

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum